Rectorseal EP-400 Epoxy Putty - Works Great!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eugenefl

Reaction score
Alright, tempted and set on finding epoxy putty that is available locally, I headed out to H.Depot and found something very similar to Carl's "<a href="https://www.rocketryforum.com/reviews/putty.jpgOatey">Oatey</a> brand epoxy putty. This stuff is called Rectorseal EP-400 Epoxy Putty. The labeling reads: "Bonds to and repairs almost any surface"; Sets hard as steel in 15-20 minutes; steel - wood - aluminum - PVC - fiberglass - copper - ceramics & more!

Result - excellent! I paid $4.99 for 4oz of this clay. It comes in a nifty little resealable clear plastic tube (that will later become a payload section :D ). The consistency is soft, pliable, shapable, and very much like the Apogee fix-it clay. I must confess, although this stuff is VERY comparable, Apogee still has a superior product hands-down. The Rectorseal has minimal odor and isn't incredibly sticky on the fingers. With a little bit of water on the fingertips, the clay can be smoothed out an feathered into the surface being worked on.

All in all, I totally recommend this product as an alternative to Apogee's outstanding fix-it clay.

And with this final experience, so ends the saga of finding over the counter epoxy clay.

I hope my experiences are beneficial to those of you out there looking for a pour and mix epoxy alternative.

Originally posted by Rocketmanic
Where did you find this stuff?

Oops! I forgot to mention that. I found it in the plumbing aisle at H. Depot. A 4oz tube container costs $4.99. The clear payload tube is free. ;)

Originally posted by eugenefl
I found it in the plumbing aisle at H. Depot.

I was afraid you were going to say Home Depot..... Living in the country..... it's only 1 1/2 hours away!!!!!!!!!! Lowes is only 45 minutes and I drive it everyday to work.....but no such stuff there

Back