Sad day for Brazil

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This came to mind...there is a quote "they also serve, who only stand and wait". Well I think "they also explore, who only stand on Mother Earth and prep rockets"

RIP

This is so tragic.

It's remeniscent of the greatest tragedy in Space history.

The Explosion of a Vostok type rocket in the Ukraine that killed 139 Soviet rocket technicians back in the early 60's.

This is all part of the cost of space.

sandman

I was just thinking as I read that, it's probably the biggest space-related disaster since the explosion in Russia. Now that I read about it again, it was the same cause, a rocket motor started by accident.

I hope the civilians get state funerals. I think they're owed.

That's two in one year, couldn't we go a little while without another warning like that? :(

Or maybe the universe is saying something to the people who argue that manned spaceflight is too dangerous, and we should stay home while robots do the work: that's dangerous too.

Its very sad that this happened but I think we should continue. There are many benifits of manned spaceflight. Even in trajedies like this one there are benifits. The main one being, while people did die, it brought people together to mourn the loss. And, for that short time people forget their own problems with others and come together as a country.

There is no doubt in my mind that the future of mankind lays in the stars and manned spaceflight is imperative to our survival as a race.Imagine if we stopped flying because of one disaster.Exploration is inherently dangerous,and im sure that the brave men and women who have given their lives in the name of space exploration would want all space programs to move forward so the future can benefit.

Back