painting tips or stripes on nose cones,

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midpwrguy

Reaction score
Let me start by saying just how much I injoy reading all the post on the ideas of other builders. But I thought it was time for me to try and show a few things I've learned. Before I had a computer to find new ways and Ideas to do things.This subject is on how to get a nice straight tip or stripe on your nose cone. But I found that estes rule can do the job. Even on big cones. The biggest I've done is a 6" but I bet you could draw lines on a 11.5" nose cone if you wanted to.the tape I use is 3m. vynal tape. seams to bend alot better than masking tape. I've posted a bunch of picture on my photo site. They say One picture is worth a 1000 words . That I don't have the time to write. https://photos.yahoo.com/rockets_r_us2

Mid,,,

thank you ,,thank you..I can't believe it! I was just going to ask the forum on just that technique!!!

I would have never thought of using the fin marking guide

no wonder I spend way too much time here..time to paint some cones!

Mid,

Great demo! I was going to give up on putting the yellow tip on my Big Daddy cone, but might try it since I've seen your post.

I've been looking all over for that tape you are using, where can I find some?

Thanks in advance,

bmhiii

I get that tape at any hardware store. I have used masking tape to paint lines on my NC. worked perfectly. This method is much better though

Bmhiii I found it at a auto paint supply shop. It's the 3m Scotch vynal tape used for pin stipeing. The 3/4" is the painters masking tape you can get that almost any where. Good luck.

Back