Scale Data

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike

Reaction score
I have an icky feeling that this has been asked before and I DID try searching for it but I couldn't find anything.

What are good websites for finding scale data of missles etc.? I'm especially looking for the AIM-120 Amraam.

Thanks

Well, I would say Jim Ball's Scale Data Website is pretty good, but it is down again; actually it was down for the last two days. Moreover, he has not made any updates since January, 2001...but still it is a good site.

https://www.yellowjacketsystems.com/jimball/scale-data/scale.htm

If you are looking for data specifically on the AMRAAM, my website has some good information, real photos and EXACT decals made for the one at WPAFB Museum. You guys are gonna force me to put up all the data I have on rockets, but I have been wanting to build a site for it anyway. Here is what I have and note I measured for things like decal height, staggering, spacing and all the other AR things I get razzed about.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/amraam/

Let me know if you need info for any other missles.

Carl

Thanks Carl,
I had a good look round your Amraam site and collected all the measurements I need.

I'm downscaling the Amraam to 7.4% which is a 13mm tube and am planning to fly it on MMX motors.

This is my first scale project and I'm having fun!

Carl...
Any chance you have the paint scheme for the Erint (Pac3)?
tia...

Mike:
sorry I'm so late on this thread, I don't usually hit the Coffee Shop:)
I have a one page Micro-Maxx plan in the files section of the MicroMaxRockets yahoo group for the Amraam-120 I used the same stationing format found in Alway's Rockets of the World Books. you can up and down scale to any size you like.
here's a pic of the 1: 18.6667 Amraam
hope this helps

Thanks for the links guys,
I've looked rounds all the sites and they gave me length, diameter etc. but there was nothing about the size of the fins, have I missed something?

From my Site.

Measured directly from AMRAAM at WPAFB Museum:

Center Fin:

Length 11.75”

Width 7”

Distance from Nosecone 69”

Lower Fin:

Tail Cone to Fin Bottom .5”

No Lift Label .5” from outside of lower fin and .5” from bottom

Length 12.5”

Width 8.25”

Lower Outside Tip 2.5”

Angle Length 12”

Upper Inside Width 2.5”

Sorry Carl I didn't explain myself,
I got all the measurements for the AIM-120 from your site (thanks) but was wondering how to work out the fin dimensions using the Jim Ball and the Designation Systems sites.

Thanks again

.I Have done alot of searches on scale data ..and I have never pulled up that site before..It has alot of great info!
keep em coming heh!

Back