Ignite!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
They say that "timing is everything"...

They also say "be ready when opportunity knocks"...

It knocked tonight! :D

I was contacted by the founder of IGNITE (Innovative Ground Networking in Technology Education).

They are a non-profit public organization set up for the beniefit of children in grades K-8. Their charter is to establish through seed money and program development, financially self-sustaining, collaborative educational enrichment programs in public schools on a nationallevel that tie into the national standards or core curriculum.

This program is supported by the likes of NASA, Lockheed, the Air Force, MIT, FlisKits, and more too numerous to mention.

y'all got that, didn't'cha??? :D :D :D :D

talk about "pickled tink"

After a lengthy phone conversation (to be followed up with a meeting tomorrow), they are most interested in how FlisKits can enhance their program with model rocketry. We will begin small this year with 2-3 classes in a local school (in the home town of IGNITE). Next year it will go nation wide.

As for the timing part, after discussing our educational philosophy at FlisKits and going down the run of available kits and development efforts, they have settled on the Rhino as their initial kit of choice.

so shoot me, I just had to share this :)

It *is* exciting (and rewarding) to have a place like this where I can share exciting growth and growth opportunities with a group of like-minded people. I don't know where FlisKits is going to go, but you folks have a front row seat, start to *whenever* :)

With special thanks to Paul Manning, who pointed this organization our way.

Originally posted by jflis

This program is supported by the likes of NASA, Lockheed, the Air Force, MIT, FlisKits, and more too numerous to mention.

Uh, you're in pretty good company there, Jim. Congratulations!!!:D

bmhiii

Alright. So when exactly are you going to open the hobby's first rocketry store? :D WOW! Talk about support for the hobby, education, AND your business! Congratulations and I hope this propels you further forward than you ever imagined!

Way to go Jim!

Jim,

This is the first time that I have posted a reply on the forum. I have been following the forum for about 4 months and have never felt as compelled to write as I do now.

Even though you don't know me, I wanted you to know that I am so impressed with your good fortune. IGNITE wanting to have you help with their program is a wonderful opportunity for not only for the growth of FlisKits, but also for the kids that are going to be involved in the program. Way to go!!

This will more than likely be the first exposure these children have to hobby rocketry, and a young mind is a fabulous thing to help mold and I am sure you will do a fabulous job.

Congratulations and I wish you all the best with your efforts.

Janet

Janet, welcome to the Rocketry Forum! I can't believe you haven't posted in the past! Glad you are compelled to post.

We all look forward to hearing about your experiences with rocketry. Thanks for joining and for coming out under the light! :)

Thank you very much for the warm welcome. I kind of feel like I "know" some of the regulars already a little bit just from following the forum for the past 4 months.

I am a friend of Kermie's and he has been the one who got me involved in the hobby. Thanks Kermie!

All it took was one launch and I was out buying my very first kit.
It was an Aerotech Arreaux and it flew great. I couldn't believe that it went so high. I used an F23-7FJ motor. I still can't believe that it flew that well...and that was last summer!!! haha

I am currently "biting my nails" because my second rocket is going to be my Level 1 Certification flight. Yikes! Kermie tells me it will "all be fine" but I am still a bit nervous. Construction has gone fairly well and I am still in the priming, sanding....priming, sanding...priming, sanding <yawn> stage but it is looking really nice if I do say so myself.
:D

My Level 1 Cert. Flight is going to be on April 19th in Racine, Wisconsin...weather permitting of course. So please wish me luck because I can use all the luck anyone has to offer. :D

Thanks again for the warm welcome I appreciate it!
Janet

Welcome to TRF Allamericngrl! Good luck with your L1! Think about writing about your L1 project on another thread? I would like to hear more about your project!

Jim - That is so cool!!! Let me know if there is anythink I can do to help out :)

Janet,

thank you for the kind words. If you go to the SERVICES part of our web site and click on education, you will get a very brief view of our educational philosophy. You will see that something like IGNITE is exactly what we want to be a part of.

I have been teaching rocketry (and other space science related topics) to all ages for many years and have never found anything more fulfilling than to open a new mind to *the possibilities* of the world around them :)

Jim,

I sort of feel like I do have a front seat, since I've seen your small company grow and seen some of the success you've had. As an avid BAR I just wanted to say that my next order will indeed be with your company, and I've also given your web addy to my local hobby store. Hopefully she will decide to order some of your products and make them available to others whom are not familiar with a name that I now associate with great service and a desire to make this hobby better.

In all honesty, the last time I was this excited about a company was when Centruy was first starting out. I'm not sure how others feel about Century, but I simply adored them for the small ways that they represented themselves to the public. If this is any indication, it is safe to say that Fliskits is making large strides in the right direction.

Congratulations !.

Janet,

I'm fairly new here myself, but i just wanted to say Welcome to the Rocketry forum. it is always a pleasure to see ladies inviolved in this hobby, and like others have mentioned...I look forward to hearing of your Level 1 certification rocket.

Once again, welcome to the forum. 8)

Thank you very much Silverleaf for the nice welcome.

I for sure will let you all know about my level 1 triumph/disaster...either way, it hopefully will make for good reading. :D

Thanks again!
Janet

Latest posts

Back