Boosted dart

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
update, we have finished ordering parts ($500!!!!!) and now plan to launch in one months time, providing that are parts have been shipped and are in-transit , the booster and parts should be arriving very soon . we have been developing a new type of fuel that uses sodium nitrate as the oxidizer and and has a higher ISP , we now have a strand burner which will help greatly. so once our a smaller motor test are done will use build a new case that with the new propellant should be a Full M or a baby N

still haven't deiced on a name or paint style , i have been thinking about a V-2 style Yellow/black style

BTW thats some graphite for nozzles in the background of the Pic
matt

wow its a beauty all carbon fiber! I'm still waiting on the Nose cone and a few other little bits. here are some pics
the first one is just all the parts

the great thing with the caveman canister it slides into the airframe and is connected to the coupler

matt

lol the funny thing is that the post office tried to bend the tri tube thingy but it didnt bend with carbonfiber inside:rolleyes:

matt

wow , the booster arrived today and WOW what a great job mid!! i cant find any bit of the booster that will flex and the transion is a peice of art all machined on a lathe !!, mid could you please email me with info on the dart retention system
here is a pic with it assemlbed with yours truly, (thats a 600ml coke bottle to the side of me for scale)
ill post some more pics and info soon , sorry for the bad pic ill get a better one tomorow when it stops raining:mad:

matt

looks good... looking forward to seeing it launch
5, 4, 3, 2, 1, gone :p

Matt G came up to my house this weekend for a build session, first we went shopping supplies, west epoxy,fiberglass.etc and we picked up 1.2metersX300mm of 2.5oz kevlar for $10!! :) that took all day . We put 2 layers of Kevlar tip to tip on 2 fins (didn't have enough time for the 3rd) with chopped kevlar fillets and a fiberglass veil .
sadly we didn't have anytime to do anymore so that will wait for another day.
also we aren't sure if we can fly it at the oct 5th launch , as caveman rocketry are still doing tests on the motor, so unless we can find some money for a J800T or K1100T it will be there just for show.
the good news is that we are now getting the launch tower welded up professionally for FREE!! and our club will probably buy it off us too!.

matt

whoops i should of put this in the post before!!
here is a pic of me and matt with the rocket on my deck, sorry its not a very seroius pic, im on the left(with the jeans) and matt is on the right

here is a pic of one of the fins
it looks a lot but the dart is designed to weight 2kg anyway

matt

well, the oct 5 launch was proposoned to this weekend , so we now are just flying the dart on a small H to test all the electrionics
(if anything goes wrong it wont be very high up) and then on somthing like a I300T
will do a big update of the web site soon and post lots more pics

matt

Back