Boosted dart

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did an internet search in Yahoo! (https://www.yahoo.com) with the words "boosted dart rockets," and I scraped up the following information:

(1) "Advanced Information Report #5 Boosted Dart Theory" -- 20 pages; A description of the concept, construction and operation of boosted dart vehicles. Includes actual performance charts with several motor combinations and high performance design. Comparisons of boosted dart and conventional rocket performance. A Boosted Dart can beat any non-dart rocket! See https://v-serv.com/usr/publications.htm .

(2) "Boosted Darts In Model Rocketry - Abstract" -- See summary at https://www.acmenet.net/~jvincent/RandD/bd/abstract.html .

(3) "British M.A.R.S. Phobos-2 Project" -- From the United Kingdom at https://www.mars.org.uk/phobos2.html .

Also check the ROL site (www.rocketryonline.com), look for their "Tech Series" on the left-side menu. There's an excellent strory on a boosted-dart HPR project that really made me lick my chops...now I just gotta get that L1 cert!

Matt i already told you i don't wont to do this dart thing i rather a two stage unless your doin it by yourself i don't care

here is an update:
i have being talking to many people(Andy Woerner,Mark clarkand others) about it and i have the overall specs done 29mm dart with a 3" sugar motor booster(L/M)using a K for first flight, cases done by the other matt, the dart will be fiberglass and the booster will problay be either PML tube or carbonfiber. on a full L it will hit 33,000 feet on a M i dunno but i know it will be HEAPS, this is realy gonna get up the guys at my clubs nose as two young boys double the altitude record.

thanx
matt

check out my new web site i have some more news, now i hace nose cones ready one carbonfiber one from caveman rocketry and the tail cone from scot glas and other stuff from aerocon systems

thanx
matt

I don't recall where I saw it, but I saw where someone was doing the RockSim for this project and was looking at an engine to put in the dart. I just saw a tech report on how to do this more accurately if you want a good altitude estimate. You can create a zero thrust motor (if you're drag separating) and use that as the 2nd stage motor, or else, if you're going to used a timed ejection charge to give the dart a little kick, you can put a thrust spike at the beginning of the curve to model the effect on the dart.

hi
i now have the casing done thanks to Joe Symons if you need his email for machining sevces its [email protected] he is looking at doing a trade of some eletrioncs

thanx
matt
p.s. Matt G i need that case plans now!

well its be a while but we have finaly started , i have got the buget sorted out as well $400 US for 30,000 feet isnt to bad:D
here is a pic on the fins airfoiled and attached ready for carbonfiber all done by Mid Power Guy

matt

We are nearly finished with the 900 mm engine,and we did a static test with the 54mm, it only burned for a lousy 0.85 seconds and throwing out 2.5 kg fuel.

looks like we made a good K2000 :D .

I hope to have a lthe part for the dart in a week and so we will be able to ship them.

we are planning to start building the 75mm in a week or two.

for more info go to

https://www.cavemanrocketry.com/rocket engines/bastard rocket engines.htm

it has begun, i have put my orders into aerocon and to Joey and mr Midpwrguy, picking up 5L of west epoxy tommro

matt

yay, i just got my order from aerocon systems and i must say isnt Bob good heres what i got
4 36" chutes
1 66" chute
1 30"Xform
1 15" chute
1 18" chute
25 BP cansisters
1 spool of 36 gauge nicrome wire
30' of 30 gauge nicrome wire
2 termanial blocks
2 screw switches
and i only asked for half the stuff , but Bob been the good man he is chucked in the other stuff
i have attached a pic for you guys

hey guys
the tail cone arrived today from scotglass well its realy a nose cone but were using it for a tailcone
i attached pic for you guys

Hey, Looks like your project is coming together real nice. Im glad that your electronics issue worked out too! Great picture of the NC as well, can't help but notice the nice lush vegetation in the back ground. Reminds me of the rainforests in Central America...
Keep up the work and don't rush it:cool:

Cutt~

i hate NZ customs! :kill: i think they have sesided my ALtimeters as there is a guy in NZ you is building a cruse missile thinginy with smilar parts, ive got some calling to do, the order from comonweath came but no 15" kevar shock cord i PAID for! ive email them but no reply? does any one have any altnive ones before i have to ring them

matt

Originally posted by cuttbow2
, can't help but notice the nice lush vegetation in the back ground. Reminds me of the rainforests in Central America...
B]

isnt it cool, it you would like to experance it more my parents run a B&B and im sure i could get you fourm guys a discount
click here to go to the web site
i know ive gone on about this before but i do this and i get free web space

matt

yay!
the altimeters arrvied today 2 missileworks RRC2X/40K's
the case should be here tommro, and i dunno about that booster
someone should email about that!(mid!)

matt

hey guys
well the booster in comming along nicely here is a pic of it assembled with a fake dart on top

matt

nice man.
Do those basterd engines come with loads or do you make your own?

thats cool I am trying to build some myself but I cant find the KNO3 or sulfur :(

Originally posted by Ryan S.
thats cool I am trying to build some myself but I cant find the KNO3 or sulfur :(

Ok, I am going to show how new I am to rockets. Is KNO3 Potassium Nitrate? If so I got some off ebay several months ago and have seen it there lately.

Randy

Originally posted by Rocketmanic
Is KNO3 Potassium Nitrate? If so I got some off ebay several months ago and have seen it there lately.

Randy

Yes, KNO3 is Potassium Nitrate. I got mine from Firefox. You have to send in your CC# and driver's liscence to be on file with your first order but from then on you can buy when ever you want no questions (so long as what you buy can be bought no questions). Its also pretty cheap.

-Chris H.

hey Cavey
when will ship the dart parts?? also what about the motor?

thanx
matt

the dart will be shipped this week. we decided to build a new nose cone (that better fits the tubing)

there st of the dart is finisched and even in cludes the decal.

the tubing for the motor arrived, and we are waiting for the after closure.

try to keep you informed

Back