Performance Rocketry Intimidator 4

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tastychicken

Reaction score
Does anyone on here have pictures of a performance rocketry Intimidator 4? I'm looking to build a new rocket and the Intimidator 4 and the Mad dog dual deploy have caught my eye and i'm trying to decide which to get. So any pictures would help. Thanks!

Well, I presume you want pictures of rockets that people have built? If so, disregard the pictures below..However, there they are the Mad Dog DD and the Intimidator 4..They are essentially the same, minor changes in the fin shape is all I can really detect..And the Intimidator is 75mm vs 54mm for the Mad Dog..

As a personal choice I would go with the Mad Dog DD..It is $30 cheaper, plus I don't have any 75mm hardware- yeah I could adapt down to 54mm..BTW, I am basing off prices listed at Wildman and Liberty Launch Systems

MadDogDD.gif

Intimidator4.gif

Last edited:
Well, I presume you want pictures of rockets that people have built? If so, disregard the pictures below..However, there they are the Mad Dog DD and the Intimidator 4..They are essentially the same, minor changes in the fin shape is all I can really detect..And the Intimidator is 75mm vs 54mm for the Mad Dog..

As a personal choice I would go with the Mad Dog DD..It is $30 cheaper, plus I don't have any 75mm hardware- yeah I could adapt down to 54mm..BTW, I am basing off prices listed at Wildman and Liberty Launch Systems

I appreciate the summary, but yes, i have done my research and i know the differences between the two. The one thing i couldn't find was actual owner's pictures which is the reason for this thread.

Thanks again!

Here's some pics. of my Mad Dog DD. I added the Aeropac tailcone retainer. Great flying rocket!!!

MD-DD.jpg

JeffsMadDogJ415W.jpg

Jeff,

I recognize that photo on the right...

That was a sweet flight that landed so softly near the pad. Beatiful finish on that rocket; nice looking bird!

-Eric-

Awesome. Thanks for the pictures everyone. What how heavy are your Mad Dog DD/Intimidators?

Awesome. Thanks for the pictures everyone. What how heavy are your Mad Dog DD/Intimidators?

My Mad Dog weighs 12lb 3oz fully loaded w/o motor. I added 1.5 lbs to the nose cone to keep about a 1.5 stability margin for the biggest motor I can put in it. The tailcone retainer shifted the MMT aft 2 1/2 inches also. I believe no extra weight would be needed if built without the tailcone.

My doggie weighs 11lbs ready for pad without motor.

NO added weight is needed for any commercial motor.

I 've flown mine over 11,000 on L's no added weight. It was designed that way out of the box. Same for the Intimidator, which is the same as a Comp 4 but for the fin shape, which I have flown on many M's no added weight. The Intimidator should come in ataround 13lbs ready, all but motor.

I appreciate your feedback. I think i will go for the Intimidator because i like the larger fin design better. Thanks!

Last edited:
In case you're interested, here is a picture of my PR Intimidator 4. It really is an awesome rocket parts kit.

DSCF0062_smaller.jpg

awesome, thanks for the picture. Yeah i like the larger fins on the intimidator 4 better. Thanks!

Back