Happy Thanksgiving to all!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Reaction score
I hope all you TRFers have a great Thanksgiving. May you all eat too much, watch too much TV, enjoy family and friends, and eat too much (I know I said that twice, I like eating too much :D)

Best wishes to you and yours!

P.S. For those of you who live in foreign lands and don't celebrate the day, you have a good one too! And you have my permission to eat to much anyway :rolleyes:

Eat with gusto... stop when you've had enough.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Turkey for the next week or so.....I can handle that. :D

For our next launchs, lets all put the wishbone from the bird in the payload for good luck!:D AHHH yes, muchos leftovers!Mmmmm!

rocwizard

Have a great one everyone!

Let me be the first to unbutton the top button of the jeans and say to you all:

"Oooooof...I think I ate too much"

My 14 year old daughter went to the beach with a friend.

My 17 (very soon to be 18 - Dec 11) year old son is at work. (The fact that he would get paid double-time for the day had EVERYTHING to do with him actually asking to be scheduled today)

Soooo.... My lovely bride of 28 and 1/2 years and I are - HOME ALONE. And, she was caring enough to let me bring two folding tables into the great room, where it is MUCH warmer than it is in the garage. (It's about 25 outside here). Since I am in the great room, that means I also have a TV with digital cable.

My Christmas present came on Tuesday. My order from PML. It is everything for building my first scratch-built HPR. I'm so happy, I could just.... be happy. And, because my understanding wife knows that working on rockets helps me relax and forget the nasty, stressful work world, she let me open the present early and I am busy building away.

I truly feel fortunate, and I am VERY THANKFUL

Here are my wishes to all who read this that you have as wonderful and prosperous a Thanksgiving.

HAPPY TURKEY DAY TO ALL !!!!!

- Ken

Turkey, rockets, football & beer...I just doesn't get any better than that!

I am thankful to Estes! Without Estes I would be building model trains plans, or something not as neat as rockets.

sandman

Now that sure did put a smile on my face. For a turkey day storie Ken. Have fun I will think of you a few times. As the day gose by. Sitting in the big Room building your Rocket.

Originally posted by rstaff3
For those of you who live in foreign lands and don't celebrate the day, you have a good one too! And you have my permission to eat to much anyway :rolleyes:

I think I'll take you up on that Dick. :D

Happy thanksgiving to you all!

Here's wishing all a very Happy Thanksgiving. Take a moment today to remember all those things that make your life happy and be thankful for them.

I'm thankful for my wife, my family, good friends. And launch days!

Enjoy!!!

bmhiii

OH YEH! I almost forgot!

I'm thankful for JimZ...

Without his web site we would be building all of our clones from memory...and I don't have a lot of THAT left!

sandman

midpwrguy - that is one gorgeous purple rocket. Looks like the finish abslolutely shines.

Be sure to get flight pics !!!! :D :D

Looks like everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

I had a wonderful trip to my sisters house and even got to provide a kit to my sisters nephew *S*

If I had to list things that I am thankful for they would include:

my mom for allowing me to be creative and teaching me so much.

my wife for putting up with me while unemployeed for over a year and being so encouraging and supportive of me starting FlisKits

My son for being so responsible in his higher education

My daughter for being there to help with FlisKits and becoming more serious about her schooling

All of you folks for helping to bring some of the fun back into rocketry for me

Well, thanks to all for the good wishes and I hope the aftermath found you still able to move...at least to a recliner!!! :)

Ken...give it up bro! You gotta tell us what you are building...oh, yea, glad you finally got a break to do what you want!!!

Sweet model MidPwr...:)

Seeing how I am the oldest of 10, and most of us attended the feast yesterday (kids and I are at my parents)...let us just say that 22lb bird never stood a chance!!! Kinda like Campbell's Soup...

...MMM MMM Good!

Enjoy the weekend all!

Carl

MWAAAAAA!!! I love it!

Even the Computer guru Carl double posts!!

Hey, Carl, did you get your kit yet? Maybe today.

sandman

Post Thankgiving score:

Stafford's - 2
Turkey and ham - 0

:D

From the level of inactivity, it seems everyone has been busy enjoying!

Back