Stupid Question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weekends

Reaction score
I know there are no stupid questions. That is until you read one of my posts!
Concerning Elmer's Fill N Finish. Is that the same as Elmer's Wood Filler? Up until recently, I always used Pactra's sanding sealer / balsa fillercoat.
I have searched high and low for Elmer's Fill N Finish, but have only come up with Elmer's Wood Filler (which works very well might I add).
Anyhoo, are Elmer's Fill N Finish and Elmer's Wood Filler the same thing?

Thanks,
Weekends

I've been using Elmer's Wood Filler the whole time, and if it's not the same stuff, I'm going to have to feed Phil to the cows, since I'm sure I saw him say they were one and the same somewhere in some thread at sometime.

Originally posted by Weekends
I know there are no stupid questions. That is until you read one of my posts!
Concerning Elmer's Fill N Finish. Is that the same as Elmer's Wood Filler? Up until recently, I always used Pactra's sanding sealer / balsa fillercoat.
I have searched high and low for Elmer's Fill N Finish, but have only come up with Elmer's Wood Filler (which works very well might I add).
Anyhoo, are Elmer's Fill N Finish and Elmer's Wood Filler the same thing?

Thanks,
Weekends

Weekends,

Thanks for asking this question. I kinda feel stupid for never asking. Of course, I never really went in search of "Fill 'N Finish". I see Elmer's Wood Filler all the time, especially in places like WalMart.

I'm glad to hear this. Finally, I can start using something else to fill and finish. ;)

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Now my trips to Home Depot will be less stressful. :D

Thanks,
Weekends

Actually I have both. They are almost the same thing and I can't find anything on the labels that might recommend one over the other for any particular purpose.

And I was soooo looking forward to feeding Phil to the cows, too.

Back