AnimalWorks Green Gorilla Fantastic

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apexturn

Reaction score
Today I launched a 1/2 Patriot on AW's K670 Green Gorilla to a crowd of about 150 spectators...What a success....This is one giant cool motor...Bright green long loud bellow. The hardware is easy with easy cleanup too. Can't wait for more selections in the4 54mm.

Apex,

Sound like you had one heck of a launch! Good for you man, I have been wanting to try some of the AMW motors, but am waiting until after the first of the year. I am really hopeful they will finish their Skidmark and make a few of these motors in the J-Low K range. Thanks for the update and congrats on the launch.

Carl

These motors are AWESOME! I am yet to see one fire in person as they are not yet allowed in California. But I think a strongly worded letter to the Fire Marshall will change all that. Just kidding.
I am going to get everyone in the ROC club i go to to sign a letter to the F.M. though that will kindly request him to consider certifying them for us west coast rocketeers to use. I REALLY want to use some of AMW's motors, particularly the Green Gorillas, Red Rhinos, Blue Babons, and the illusive Purple Parrots.

I second RocWizard's comments about availability in CA. Clearly, people who describe California as an "anything goes" state have not dealt with our Fire Marshals (Still, the state does have a disturbing tendency to burn, especially this time of year)

Also...apexTurn, did you fly the K670 on Martha's Vinyard? If so, where? I visit the island regularly and would love to know where one flies rockets in the area.

Back