Rocket Simulation Software

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maelstrom

Reaction score
I did some looking around and it seems there are several software packages for model rocket simulation but the only one I ever see rocketeers mention is RockSim. What makes it better than all of the others?

From what I've seen, Rsim has much more capability. With Rsim6, the design file structure is in XML format which leaves the door open to 3rd party add-ons to increase the capability even more. We'll see on that. Even more importantly, it has more user support. EMRR alone has 700+ Rsim files that you can grab, and it's nice to share ideas with people. If you haven't done so, you can read reviews of three sim packages here EMRR search

The forum supports RocSim files as well. RocSim files can be attached to posts for all to see and critique. But by no means are we trying to catalog them like EMRR. Why duplicate something that is being done very well else where? :)

Also, RSim has a *MUCH* larger selection of stock parts to choose from. Before I found a file for my Yank 3" BBX kit, the only software I found that dealt with phenolic tubing is RockSim. It takes a little learning, but for me, it's just a much better product. I tried the demo of SpaceCAD and it just didn't cut it by comparison.

I, too, personally use RockSim.... however, SpaceCAD is growing into a solid piece of software. I will be looking at their latest version soon. It now has 3D imaging too.

RockSim does appear to have the time tested penetration though.

Nick

Back