Someone tell me the odds....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Reaction score
This is a description of my most interesting launch today, one that should set some sort of record for 'the nearest to xxxxx'.

I flew my Cognis Lander on an E15-7. The boost had a high frequency wobble but was otherwise good. The delay was way tooo long and occurred about 20 ft from the ground. The following events is what made this flight unique.

I was at the LCO table and my 'camp' was about 30 feet away. The Lander alit 3 ft from my chair, with the cone and chute stretched across my gear (interesting event #1). About 2 sec. later, the engine casing, which had left the rocket despite of the clip, smacked me in the arm, leaving a nice circular burn mark (event #2).

Was Someone up there upset at my delay selection? What do you all think the odds of both of these happening on one flight???

Well, I'm not a statistics guru, but you've just persuaded me to put my retirement fund on the Cubs to win the Series.

Hmmm, maybe if you transfer the funds to me, you'll have better odds of making a profit :D

Back