Pro38 differences

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy O

Reaction score
If you look at www.pro38.com, they list 3 different reloads per case size. One is obviously different - Smoky Sam. The others???

I just ordered the 4 grain case and some 512I285 reloads. Who knows what's different about those reloads and the 540I240s that fit the same case (other than the thrust curves)? Is there a different effect? The only noticeable difference in the table on Pro38.com is that one is listed as a 64.5g reload, the other is a 62.5g. Does this have something to do with the "easy access" rules and regulations? Is this a Canada versus US market thing?

What I received today looks fabulous and I can't wait to light one in my 1/4 Patriot. Any of you homeboys going to the Orangeburg launch over labor day??

Thanks for any insight you can offer.

If you are in the US and you ordered from a US dealer, you'll end up with the 62.5 grains. They *did* have to do this per the easy access reqs. If you look in the news section on the pro38.com site, you'll find the NS numbers etc for the Smokey Sams. I there there was a forumlation change that caused both the 62.5 and the Canadian versions to change their NS values. That is why there is 3.
1 - original canadian old formulation
1 - new canadian formulation
1 - US 62.5 based upon on the new canadian formulation

SS's are *way* different and will be great when we get them in the US.

Alan

I kinda figured it had to do with regulatory requirements but wasn't sure. My confusion started when I noticed US dealers listing the 64.5 gram reloads on their sites. Perhaps they were just listed incorrectly. The reloads I received were 62.5 g.

Originally posted by Randy O
What I received today looks fabulous and I can't wait to light one in my 1/4 Patriot. Any of you homeboys going to the Orangeburg launch over labor day??
I've been thinking about going down for that launch. I've never been to Orangeburg and I'd like to see how things work down there. I'm still trying to make sure that I don't have any other plans for that weekend though. How far is Orangeburg from Kernersville anyway?

It's a little over 4 hours if you don't stop and do obey the posted speed limit. So considering you'll probably drive like a bat out of H E double hockeysticks and you'll need at least one potty-break, it'll still be a little over 4 hours!

We're planning on going down Sunday morning, spending the night and coming back Monday afternoon. Great field, nice folks, kinda in the middle of nowhere - sound familiar?? The good news is, the field is on the west side of I-26 and the hotel is on the east side of I-26. You can practically see the field from the hotel. Another cool thing is the soft soil - I lawn darted a rocket last time I went from about 700 feet. Buried it 10 inches in the sand with only paint damage. Flew it later that day.

I talked to Ken at Performance Hobbies last week and he's planning to be there along with their regular vendor from Lexington SC (Science Hobbies I think).

Let me know if you're schedule works out.....

Back