Kosdon reloads?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdanley

Reaction score
Now that I am relocated to sunny Dallas, I can't wait to get active again in hpr. Can anyone tell me the status of Kosdon motors and reloads?

I have plenty of 38 and 54 mm hardware, and loved the motors when I flew in GA a few years ago. Never had a problem, and would love to use them again. The last I heard, reloads manufacturered by Frank were no longer certified. Does anyone know what the status is now, or when AeroTech might have some Kosdon-compatible reloads?

Thanks in advance!

This is the best I understand what's going on.

Frank lisenced AT to make Kosdon-by-AeroTech reloads. Until their new plant is up and running, I don't think anyone knows the production schedule. Magnum will probably be the best source.

You can also look at .Animal Motor Works which is basically Kosdon-East redux. They have a few certified loads and more are coming. I don't use Kosdon HW so I haven't kept up fully, but as I understand it these loads are backwards compatible with existing Kosdon HW. There is some issue with one of their propellant formulas, which may require their new closures???

Hopefully their site will answer all these questions for you

Welcome to the Forum Tad! Glad you're with us.

I moved from Dallas (Carrollton area) to NC about a year ago. The cool part I remember, was going out with some friends to just a local park and firing off some F and G motors. So much flat treeless land in the Dallas area. ;)

They were the ones that got me interested in the hobby to begin with. Then I moved here and somehow got sucked in with Ken, Mark, Phil and Milo and the Forum.

Not on topic with your post, but wanted to welcome you aboard! :D

There is some differeces between the Animal Motor Works hardware and the Kosdon hardware. The nozzle and forward bulkhead have a lip on it that the liner tube overlaps. Kosdon hardware does not have this lip. Using AMW loads with Kosdon Cases will damage the case. I heard somewhere that AMW may offer kits to make Kosdon hardware compatible.

Back