Animal Motor Works

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arreaux550

Reaction score
Does anybody know anything about these motors. I'm looking at their J that is 38mm it is a standard burn. Also can you use more than one type of motor like they have 8 different types of burning engines. do each take just one motor or are there more. Thanx for any info.
adam crane
level one
nar-81101

My suggestion to get more info on these motors is to call Ross Dunton at Magnum Rockets, as he has them advertised on his web site. Not to mention the fact that he probably isn't too far from you since he is located in Ohio. Magnum Rockets phone number is 937-834-3306. Tell him the guys from The Rocketry Forum sent you.

Adam,

From what I understand Animal Motor Works is making 8 types of reloads for the Kosdon type hardware. Each of the reload types has some sort of special effect, i.e. Green Gorilla has a green exhaust Red Rhino's is red, etc. The "Skidmark Squirrel" is really awesome with dark black exhaust smoke filled with bright sparks.

Ken

One amplification to my previous post. The new Animal Motor Works loads will not work in unmodified Kosden cases. The new loads use a liner that slips over machined notches on both the forward closure and nozzle. Reportedly the liner is necessary to prevent overheating the case due to the "hotter" formula used for the special effects loads. A retrofit kit is supposed to come out later this year that will contain a new forward closure and nozzle and bring older Kosden hardware up to spec.

Ken

I recently visited AMW... they have some very nice propellants. I saw four different propellant formulas being tested, including their White Wolf and Green Gorilla formulas. I was impressed by the design of the hardware... and how easy and fast it was loading the motors... and the ease of cleanup firing.

Back