Scratch-Builder Alert -- Plastic Models on Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Reep

Reaction score
Hobby Lobby has plastic models on sale for 1/2 price thru 6/29.

I just bought a couple of big kits -- and A-10 WartHog, and an SU-35 "Something or Other". Kits are in basement shop, and I'm too lazy to run down and get the exact name ... :)

I bought them for the canopies and engines and missiles, and other cool parts, to graft onto "space plane" projects.

The kits I bought were Chinese (Zhengdefu??), and listed for $11.99, versus the $20-40 for Revell and Tamiya "quality" kits. So 6 bucks each for parts is pretty good. I won't feel too bad scavenging these, instead of building them, since the fit isn't the greatest, but the parts detail looks fine. Each HL is probably way different on what they stock, but I could have walked out with lots of interesting models.

BTW -- if you every see a V-2 plastic model from DML (Dragon Models Limited), the quality and detail of this Chinese kit is excellent. I paid $25 for my first, and found another for $18 (similar box, but marked A4) at a local HobbyTown. This is a good sized kit, and suitable for PMC.

Back