anyone try this paint?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Reaction score
After bashing RMR in an earlier post, I decided to quote a post I found there. Not everyhting ther is bad! Has anyone here used this stuff?

"Has anyone tried Krylon Stained Glass Paint? It appears to be a tinted, high gloss lacquer of some sort that is intended for painting glassware. I tried it(Red) as a top coat over Krylon flat white.... WOW!!! The result was a deep blood red gloss finish with a shine that looks about 12 inches deep!
This stuff comes in 170g cans for about the same price as the regular Krylon 340g cans so it's a bit pricey but I think the results are worth it. It comes in red, green, blue, yellow, and purple so I think some experimenting with different combinations of base color and top coat could be interesting. I'll post a follow-up when I play with the stuff a bit more.

Geoff Marshall"

For Milo and the other admins:

1. Is quoting/cross-posting ok with you?
2. Maybe we need a 'finishing' forum?

Thanks in advance!

Cross posting is perfectly fine. I don't read RMR myself. Never been a fan of NGs of any kind. Several of the members post the same threads here and there. This is a place for sharing information no matter where you found it.

As for a Finishing forum I'll throw it up to the other forum leaders and see what they say. But we have tried to keep the forums from getting to 'fine grained' on subject matter.

Originally posted by rstaff3
"...It appears to be a tinted, high gloss lacquer of some sort that is intended for painting glassware...."

Back