Mercury Transport Prototype

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NOT!

There are very detailed instructions on building the 18mm Mercury Transport from a Big Bertha Kit (you can you the Baby Bertha kit now).

The big will not be kitted by me..... but, kit fans, I do have another futuristic one in the works that I will do a special run of in a couple of months.

Okay, I'm outta here. I leave in the early AM. So, gotta get packed.

Nick

:confused: Did she fly at NY Power???

The silence on this isn't baaad news is it?

-Nathan

Yes, she did. Twice! I am finishing up my article/report and it will be posted on EMRR on the 18th.

I'll drop a flight picture in this thread tonight/tomorrow AM.

Here I am at NYPower with both of them (someone took this photo).

Nick

Guess I was just being impatient! :p

Looks great. Looking forward to the report!

-Nathan

Both birds look fantastic!

Just out of curiosity, after having flown, are you still a huge fan of the Fix-It Epoxy Clay? I ask because I've seen messages where people had problems where fillets have let go of the body tube. I didn't (still don't) know if it was a result of inadequate prepping of the tube or if the clay just doesn't soak in as well as epoxy.

Again, great job all the way around, from design through completion.

I will be interested on more feedback on the Apogee epoxy clay too. I use Loctite epoxy clay a fair amount but don't like it for fillets. It's not easy to smoothe nicely and seems heavy. I was also concerned about it popping off in some applications too, but so far I haven't had this problem.

Back