This thread is to document the design and build of a multi-stage high power rocket utilizing separable boosters. The rocket is to represent the South Jersey Area Rocketry Society (SoJARS) and is being designed and built by club members Ryan Leach, Stan Senesy, Randy DePasquale, and myself.
The primary design criteria is as follows:
- (1) Central M650W Long Burn Motor (10s)
- (2) External K550W Boosters
- Droppable Boosters ejected via explosive bolts
- Altitude less than 15,000 feet due to waivers
- Redundant Recovery System
- Explosive Bolt System with Redundant Timers / Electronics
- Onboard High Definition Camera
Please stay tuned for more details, design, and build photos!
Thanks for looking!