Pro38 Reloadable Motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Reep

Reaction score
With all the wonder about when you might get Aerotech reloads -- check out the Pro38 line at www.pro38.com

One club I belong to has been using them for a few months now. They prep in about 30 seconds. The reload is complete -- you just screw it into the casing. They have a clever delay tool that you set for time, and then drill out the delay. (If the standard delay is ~15 seconds, then the tool drills out delay material to lower the delay time.)

I'm not sure if they have plans to do 29mm, since I think the 1 grain product is a G (and a little pricey). I did hear that 54mm reload systems are coming.

Lee,

I have to agree...the Pro38's are pretty sweet! I launched a 6 grain J360 last week and a 3 grain I205...they really work well and there is practically NO cleanup! The flame on that J360 seamed almost 4 feet long...really nice launch and it appears to have characteristics very similar to the AT J350. The lower end is way expensive, but mid and upper grain reloads are similar to AT in price and a heck of a lot easier to load and clean.

A quick note...I used dual deploy and the charge for the Pro38 was easily removed.

Carl

Carl,

Glad to hear more confirmation about the Pro38. I haven't seen them used yet -- I've missed the past few launches. However, I saw the hardware and reloads at our annual club meeting, and was truly impressed.

The quick assembly and easy cleanup is a HUGE plus in my book!

Back