Fun with Square Tube... Saturn 4 (?)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KerryQuinn

Reaction score
I took a few liberties with the components that come in a "Square One" kit from newwayspace models, to make a rockets that was more interesting to me....

To make transition sections for the square tubes, I cut, scored and bent the hefty "tube" stock. A dremel cut-off wheel works very well to machine the square tube-stock. The final shape is part tube, part fill'n finish. To make the square nozzles, I just trimmed pieces off from one end of the tube, scored and bent as needed.

Flew it yesterday on a B6-4 with a bunch of boy scouts looking on - picture perfect flight... :)

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg

p5.jpg

Here's another square tube rocket I've been working on (built from the parts found in a Newway Space Models '4 square' rocket, plus some basswood.)

This one is D-powered with a lot of nose weight.
I think that the Rebel forces could have built a few more X-wings on their limited budget if they only would have come up with the idea of using 4'x8' sheets of plywood for the "wings".....

-Kerry

xwing1.jpg

Back