Launch?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerbs4me

Reaction score
Hey....
Why won't my engine ignite? It was 45 degrees, I'm getting anxious to launch my 5 rockets, and my homemade one.

Types of motors...
Types of ignitors...
Type of launcher control....

There could be many areas of disconnection here. Many things to go wrong.

I had no luck in my first attempt with a Wal-Mart special. Turns out the $3 launcher wasn't firing the ignitors. You get what you pay for I guess. :)

Umm. Can you elaborate a little?

What specifically happened?

Did you check the igniter placement?

Batteries good in the launch controller?

More info is needed as to why they wouldn't ignite.

Jason

It is a 9v controller it comes with a ready to fly kit. Chain Reaction is the rocket. Its a brand new battery. I inserted the igniter in the engine, made sure it touched the propellent. stood back inserted safety key. Then i pushed the button but nothing happened.

9 V batteries suck. Use regular NiCad-cells, about 6-8 of them, they can deliver much more current to the igniter. The regular Estes controller will work with 4 AA alkalines, but not with 4 NiCads (they only have 1.2 V instead of 1.5 V per cell).

Btw, you can write your responses in the original thread too, perhaps one of the moderators can repair this.

Oliver

Originally posted by Oliver Arend
Btw, you can write your responses in the original thread too, perhaps one of the moderators can repair this.

Oliver
Ask and yee shall receive. ;)

Back