Rocket Motor Test Data

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrgabb

Reaction score
Hi Guys!
:)
I am trying to find where I can get the test results for the new AeroTech motors for 29mm so I can add them to my Rocksim files. Can anyone help?:confused:

Hey David,
I'm currently consolidating the motor files that I've acquired through many sources on the web into one easy to use format. I've got the Aerotech motor file done. I'm missing about 3 redline motors in the L and M range but it should otherwise be complete. I'll post it as soon as I get a chance. I'm also working on cleaning up the other motor manufacturers motor files for Rocksim.

David - try this site:

https://www.thrustcurve.org/

Mark - you might want to look at that site as well. It might save you some time, because I'm pretty sure that the intent of ThrustCurve.org is the same thing that you are trying to do - gather data on motors from various manufacturers into one easy to use file/site.

Hope this helps.
- Ken

Ken,
You're right. That's where I got most of the files. However, not all motors were in each file. Some files have the same motors in them. There is no common naming convention for the motors or manufacturers. Therefore, it gets kinda confusing when you're trying to search for a motor for your rocket and you can't tell which is the latest data or even the manufacturer in some cases. Also, a pet peeve of mine is that I can't tell by looking at the engine codes for Aerotech motors whether they are RMS or SU motors. The file that I've built will clearly identify the Manufacturer, the impulse, the propellant type (ie. Aerotech's White Lightning, Blue Thunder, Black Jack, Black Max, and Redline), and whether the motor is an RMS or SU motor.

I'm still working on other manufacturer's motor files.

The file should be available at the following link:
Aerotech_motors.eng

Ken,

I have also been frustrated by inconsistent nomenclature, etc, so I happily grabbed your file.

I was looking through it, and found your data for the Econojets was inconsistent with the file I was using. So, I was wondering where you got your data for these. I haven't checked other sources to confirm one or the other. I think my current file came from EMRR if you want to take a looksee - its on his Rsim page. I did note what I think is an error in the F20, which should be 73 mm (or 78mm?) in length vs 124.

Anyway, thanks for taking the initiative to make a consolidated, consistent list!

Er...ooops...I meant to address my last comments to you Mark...

Thanks Dick,
It took me several nights just to get it to the state it's in now. I consolidated the information from several different sources and I'm not sure where I got all of the files. There very well could be some errors. I did try to verify the data with John Coker's www.thrustcurve.org site. However, when I came upon two differing results, I guessed which one was more current or accurate. :( So there could very well be errors. If anyone finds that there is definately an error, I'd be grateful if they could point it out so I could fix it.

It looks very good, and also the very old motors seem to be sorted out, but your F20 is way too long. It oughta be around 70-80 mm, not 125 mm. Also, H128W and H165R differ in length by 1 mm (ok, no big deal), although they both use the same 29/180 casing.

Oliver

Mark,

After a bit more investigation:

The F20 and F23 Econojets should be 73mm, per Thrustcurve and the AT packaging. The data for the F20, G35, and G38 don't agree with Thrustcurve or the AT packaging. The F20 appears way off as the thrust profile doesn't look right. The other 2 seem closer. The Econojet data on EMRR basically agree with the data on Thrustcurve. My personal vote is to use these versions. Of course, its your file and I don't necessarily get a vote ;)

Your vote counts with me. ;) I'll get the data from EMRR for the F20, F23, G35, and G38 and update my file. I'll repost the file when I'm done.

Oliver, if they really differ by a millimeter, I'll fix it. That was one of those situations where I thought it was a misprint and I guessed. :p

Mark,

I want to reiterate that I think this is/was a very useful undertaking!

On a separate note, EMRR is starting to archive some motor files. If its mutually agreeable maybe he can do so with yours. I emailed him so he may try to contact you.

All right. I've updated the file with the Econojets from EMRR. I've also double checked the Redlines and added the ones that I didn't have. I also went through the 18mm, 24mm, and 29mm motors and updated them with the NAR data that is on the thrustcurve site. I wish TMT would publish their data like NAR does theirs. The PDF files sure are nice to cut & paste the actual RASP data from.

Check the link above.

Mark, I think that was badly worded on my side. I meant that in your file the H128 and H165 differ in length, but in reality they have the same length, because they are in the 29/180 casing. G75 is the same length too, so just take what you have for G75 and H128 (I think it was 194 mm, and the H165 was 195...).

Oliver

Thanks Guys,
I meant to reply sooner but I decided to sit back and take in the information you were sharing with each other. It turns out that the info I needed is the RASP.ENG files. I found them at both of the sites you talked about Thrustcurve and EMRR. Mark I tried to get to your site but for some reason was unable to. I will try again later.

Back