Finished my Forte

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gothique_97

Reaction score
I started putting this together back in October and just NOW finished it. The Arreaux paint scheme is kind of accidental; I wanted it to look different from my other rockets, but didn't know exactly how I was going to finish it.

So, here it is: My finished LOC Forte

Parts are en route for my next project: a 4" Der V-3.

Oooooooo, very nice looking rocket. You did great with the color scheme. Let us know when you launch it and we want plenty of pics.

Thank you gentlemen very much! I try to do something a little bit unique or that hasn't been done hundreds of times before. I knew I wanted to use yellow as the primary color because I had never done that before. Coming up with an idea for the detailing took several days and a couple of re-paints, and I even dreaded pulling the masking tape off what turned out to be the final product. Its a cliche, but I am often my own worst critic.

One other thing that surprised me a little bit about this kit is the length of the motor tube. Its 20 inches long! I was anticipating a much shorter motor tube [maybe 10-12 inches] and bought the appropriate length of cable to mount the shock cord with [THOY-style]. I ended up getting an extra long eye bolt and tied the shock cord directly to that.

My plan was to bring it to Orangeburg this past weekend and use it as my back-up cert 1 rocket, but I had to cancel that trip. Probably next month.

Nice!! I was going to try to get to Orangeburg this past weekend also, but it fell through. Just got a LOC IV and will be doing alot of mods to it (anti-zipper, 'glass, tube nylon, etc.). Haven't decided ona color scheme yet.:rolleyes: :)

Back