CPR3000 Question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PGerringer

Ruler of Heck
Reaction score
Well, I was having a problem with the lower part of the white bracket that holds the altimiter. When the rubber ring was installed it would not slide into the alt bay. So I started sanding on the bracket. Now it will slide in, but when I look into the alt bay, I can see sunlight leaking around the rubber ring. Did I sand too much? How snug should that be?

Well, first off, where did you sand??? The outside surface or the groove where the o-ring sits? It sounds like you took off too much, but if you sanded in the groove, you can mark the area where light shows, then put some epoxy in the groove for the o-ring to make the seal tight again. If you sanded the outside...call 1-800-pml-I Need Parts.

Btw, how are you checking the fit without an altimeter? you can't get it square in the hole unless you use something.

Carl

lol... Let's just say, I don't need to pick up the phone yet. I sanded the inside of the groove. I will try to fix it...

Good point about not having an alt. But, I couldn't even get the connecter in the CPR even a centimeter. The rubber ring wouldn't let the part into the alt bay. Can you tell me the size of your alt and I will make a pattern? :)

Back