Two new rockets and way to display

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suh-weet !!

Super job, Phil. It will be scary to get you and Tulanko together. You guys never stop, never sleep. Posting at 2:55AM, huh? You are one sick dude.

I can envision it now: The first Rocketry Forum admins / moderators get together. Mark, Phil, Kent, and I will crash about 11:00PM. You and Tulanko will have been talking up a storm about some new bird you want to build.......

Cut to next morning, about 7:00AM. Mark, Phil, Kent, and I arise from a less than restful night of sleep. We compare dreams, and find that all of us dreamt about workshop noises all night long. Drills, routers, sanders, Dremel tools, ..... all night long. Strange odors, vaguely reminiscent of epoxy..... primer..... paint ....

Walking into Carl's workshop, we find a new rocket.... a newly created "Level 4" project..... 32 feet long.... 2 feet in diameter.... a three engine cluster of 256mm motor mounts for the new "double M" motors.....

and that's just the booster stage....

OK, enough of this.

Seriously, fantastic job. It appears to me that you may be starting a competition with Carl to see who can acquire the most rockets. As good (sick? deranged?) as you are, don't forget two things:

1 - Carl has a HUGE head start on you (how many birds you got now, Carl? 12? 15?)

2 - Carl is not married, and lives in an apartment, not a house... doesn't have all the upkeep duties you have.

But it is definitely going to be an entertaining contest.

You've outdone yourself once again.
Congratualions are becoming the order of the day.

Great job Phil!

It's interesting. This is the first rocket I ever made. I made it exactly as it came in the Estes starter kit.

The shock cord on mine lasted about 8 or 9 launches and then blew in half.

It's interesting to see the changes you made to it. I dig the extra strength eye bolt for the nose cone you put on. :)

Jason

Back