Great Expectations

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibeblip

Reaction score
After making some slotted centering rings for one of my rocket kits, I returned home and began to dry fit the new components; only to discover that the slots in the pre-slotted airframe were out of radial sinc by about 1/16 inch.

Not that it's anything new, but hey! I sure do wish that some manufacturers would work closer than that.

Just my 2 cents. Rant mode off.

I know from whence you come. I had "attention to detail" drilled into my head so much while in the military that I now expect it from everybody else. Problem is I rarely get it to the degree I got it in the military.

Thanks for the kind words. . . I too, am a former military man.

But my attention to detail these days is because of my Trade, i.e., being a professional machinist and small business owner.

During recent years of experience in high power rocketry I've felt the sting of what comes from overbuilding and being a perfectionist. However, and be that as it may, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I too am a perfectionist and ex-military. Do I sense a pattern forming? :confused:

I am in the military, but my skills and equipment concerning rockets don't allow me to build them as perfectly as I wish I could.

Merry Christmas! (ok, you guys will have to wait for another couple hours...)

Oliver

Wish I knew more people in the military. I am having a heck of a time finding pics of the AGM-84 Harpoon that show the lettering for Control, Guidance, Warhead and Fin sections. It's a bummer, since I do have most of the screws and bolts decals finished.

Hey There Military dudes!
Military experience
check
Perfectionist tendancys
check
rocket scientist
check
on line on Christmas eve....
Very interesting!!
I have some marine buddies who may be able to clue me in on the specs of the AGM-34 Harpoon. I'll let you know!
DR DON

Back