Launch system?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracton

Reaction score
I am currently building a 15' rocket from rocketDyne sys and have gotten to the point where I am thinking about how I'm going to launch it. I know i have to build my own"gantry" system but searches o the internet have not yielded much in the way of guidance or resources. Any help would really be appreciated.

Try contacting the folks at RocketDyne and ask if they could make any recommendations, i.e. if you're planning to buy.
There are a number of other folks who make launch pads and various types of launch systems. Just an idea, but you might check out the vendors list at Rocketry On Line (www.rol.com). The site is very easy to navigate and the list of vendors is quite extensive.
You could at least begin compiling ideas and finding out where to look for certain supplies.
Happy Hunting

The December 2001 issue of EXTREME ROCKETRY magazine has an article entitled "Launch Pad Buyers Guide" that is pretty good. It lists a number of the commercially available launch pads.

It covers lightweight 3/16" pads like the Aerotech Mantis all the way up to some pretty substantial offerings that can take 1" launch rods. It also lists a couple of rail pads. It lists Manaufacturer, Name, Price, Rod Size, Rod/Rail Included, Rail Size, Legs, Foot Print Area, Max Rocket Weight, Azimuth Control, Elevation Control, Material, and Website.

The website for the magazine is www.extremerocketry.com.

Hope this helps.

Back