US Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PGerringer

Ruler of Heck
Reaction score
Has anyone had any dealings with the reloadable motors from US Rocketry? I know that right now they are not certified but I was still thinking about buying some. It sounds like they would work really well.

According to the US Rockets Website, you can use their reloads in Aerotech and Dr Rocket casings. You just have to purchase the forward and aft closures from USR.

Their prices aren't bad but, they seem to only want to do large orders. I can live with that however, I'd like to hear some real life testimonials. Not just the stuff on the USR site.

Look near the bottom of the list on rmr the post is titled US Rocket Motors.....the people have a serious gruge aginst the mean that makes them and is not leagaly allowed to ship them (acording to my sources)...but out of what people have said about the motors themseves is only good things lemme no if the turn out any good there a bit pricy for me but if there as good as I have heard wouldent minde getten a cuple

The grudge against the [then] owner of US Rockets that you might have read about on RMR dates back over 10 years. The story goes that many consumers, and some vendors, sent orders, but merchandise was never sent. There are other stories of lawsuits and such. I only learned the details about 6 years ago when I asked about Firestarter motors. The owner, himself, consistently maintained innocence. There's always two sides to every story, and the truth lies somewhere in between. However, when you have a significant number of people telling their own variation of the same story, some who are willing to produce paperwork as proof of their story, the truth tends to gravitate in their direction.

As for the products themselves, I haven't heard too many bad things. Are they making Firestarter motors again?

I guess that's what I'm trying to get out of this thread. What are the stories behind why US Rockets' motors are not certified. It's not so much the certification that I'm interested in though. I'd fly them at my local launches if I could reliably and reasonably purchase them. However, it sure would be nice to have them certified so I could fly some of the bigger ones. :)

I agree with you, though, that the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

I know a whole lot more than I could ever wish I didn't.

All I have to say about the matter is that anyone who is interested should find out whatever they think they need to know on their own. Such information can be found in the archives at Google (r.m.r.) and Rocketry on Line (ROL).

Inasmuch as I can recall, the sole owner and main operator of US Rockets is one Jerry Irvine. All you have to do is look for that name in the list of authors, or search the e-mail address.

The fact that they arnt certifyed should tell you something about ethier the motors or jerry.

Well, the motors, Jerry, or the Rocket Politic environment.

But, I really could care less about Jerry or the Politic. I just want good reliable motor choices. If Jerry provides that then I would like to do business with him. Unfortunately it looks like in the Rocketry Certification process Politics plays a heavy hand. Disappointing really, means we as Rocketeers don't have too many choices. :(

Sorry, Klint, my last post sounds confrontational. It wasn't meant to be. Guess I need less caffeine in the morning... :)

Dident notice it....I found this coffie I am getting someone for x-mas and it says 99% caffeine per cup.

Dang, 99% per cup! What a buzz. You must let us know how this lucky receiver of your gift behaves after bouncing off the walls... :)

Back