Body Tubes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dancedj

Reaction score
i have a question.........my mom has agreed to drive me to the post office tomorrow and check if they got some shipping tubes i was wondering would those work for like a body tube but my question is where woudl i find centering rings or should i measure and check PML if they got any and about nose cones how do i pick out one to fit that (do i measure the diameter at the top and then how do i know which one to pick) Well post what you have to say!

I would go with PML. They seem to have the measurements that fit real world, non-rocketry tubes. Here is my suggestion: measure the inside diameter, then order a PML CR to match the measurement. If the CR fits, then you know what size to order the nosecone, etc.

Sounds like you are ready to do some scratch building; good for you! Like Phill said, check the inside diameter and go from there. You can still buy motor mounts and other hardware from many of the different manufacturers out there to get this going. I would also suggest 1/8" Basswood or ply for fins, as I know the size rockets you like and this would fit the bill.

Good luck,

Carl

Latest posts

Back