YAA4 - Yet Another AMRAAM 4

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenParker

Reaction score
And what to my wondering eyes should appear,
but the UPS truck - oh my! oh dear!

And to my front door the boxes he did bring,
And the doorbell so hastily then he did ring.

Could it be? Was it? Oh, yes it was....
I signed the receipt with my head all abuzz.

I'm on vacation all week, my L2 kit is here,
My mission is set, the parameters are clear.

Epoxy, fiberglass, CYA glue and more !!
In April my rocket will launch with a roar !!
===============

OK, OK.... that's enough. Needless to say, I'm quite excited. Plus, I now have radio gear for the StratoBlaster I picked up this weekend. I'm thinking I'll have the Strat ready in about 1 to 2 hours. I might even have to fly it tomorrow.....

Life is Great.

Yeah.... make sure you keep us up to date on your progress... Congrats!!!

Oh great now the redneck... er... laddie reckons himself a poet.

That is great. Can't wait to see it.

(Can you identify the reference to the "laddie reckons himself a poet" line? Can you? Can you?)

YeeeeeHaaaaa!!!!!

and...

...OMG, poetry from Ken...and it was GOOd too!

Man, I wish I was there to see the look on your face when it showed up! Isn't it great to get Christmas early, huh, huh??? Well, we need a report, did it come CPR ready with the lower body tube pre-cut? Did the CPR show too? Did the parachute upgrade come? Did you get some 80 grit sandpaper? Do you have epoxy and cloth? What color is it going to be or is that my job???;)

There are ALOT of questions unanswered here boy! So, don't keep us in suspense...

...oh yea, the MOST important question of all, what did Anna say besides "It's gonna cost you a digital camera!" ??????????

I am VERY excited for the one of well tanned area above his collar! :D

Ain't I a card???..........:p

Carl

One more thing...

...have you picked out an Altimeter yet?

I got news for ya boy! I'd be letting that glider ROT before I put it ahead of a NEW PML AMRAAM 4 KIT!!!!!

First of all, yes, Carl, everything is here - kit, CPR, parachute upgrade.... everything. And, as you also know from our phone conversation the other night, everything is cut as it should be.

I have been proceeding very slowly, for three reasons. First of all, I want to make absolutely sure that this rocket is built as perfectly as I can make it. Second, I enjoy it more when I take my time. And last, I am keeping a written construction log.

I have finished both CPR sub-assemblies. I have epoxied the aft CPR assembly in its body tube section. I am taking a break now, and then I will be epoxying the charge holders together, so that they will be available when required in the next step when the CPR is assembled to glue the fore CPR assembly into its body tube section.

I am really enjoying this kit.

Oh yeah..... what a silly dufus I was to think that I could get the radio gear in the StratoBlaster in an hour or two. All told, I probably spent about 4 or 5 hours over the course of two days. I got frustrated with it after two hours the first day, and decided to put it down and think about it. The problem is that even using mini and micro components, there is just not much room in the fuselage pod. Soooooo... the next day, after thinking about it, I went back at it systematically and after another 2 or 3 hours had things neatly installed and the balance carefully set per specs. I'm anxious to fly it as it weighs in at 13.8 ounces, which is about 2 or 3 ounces lighter than the SR-71. So, it should go a bit higher, and it has more wing area so it should glide better. Depending on the weather, my son and I may get to try it out tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a wondrous turkey day.

Thanks for the report Ken...Great Job!

It sounds like you are really enjoying the building process, as I knew you would. the CPR is a really slick little setup and it sounds like you are right on track; the complexity should keep your excitement up throughout the build process. I really like the idea of keeping a building log; I had never thought of that before!

Keep up the good work bro!

Carl

Latest posts

Back