Tracking Devices

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PGerringer

Ruler of Heck
Reaction score
Anyone have any good ideas for a light tracking device? The guys down at Whitakers had something like an old TV antena with headphones. Course their rocket was 24 feet tall...

Check at Whitakers next time you go. When I was up there in June, someone set the "H" altitude record and it was a small diameter rocket for which they used a similar tracking device.

Phil,

Amateur (Ham) Radio licenses are free; you just have to go to a licensing center or attend a hamfest that is sponsering exams. Yes, I did say exam...you have to take a written test covering electronics theory, antenna theory and radio trasmission principles, along with rules and regulations. Last time I looked, the tests were aboout 50 questions and were multiple choice. They used to require you also pass a Morse Code test, but they now have a no-code license.

I am not sure if you want to go that route though, unless you really enjoy electronics. I am speaking from experience, as I just recently celebrated my 30th aniversary as an Amateur Radio Operator, but did it the hard way back then with a 13 wpm code exam.

If you wanted someone to do a one time track, I can supply the unit from Adept, as he already has a copy of my license on hand and I was planning on purchasing his tracking device before next March. I will bring it with me just in case.

Hello Mr. Gerringer
Please accept my apologies for the delay in providing the information I had promised some time ago.
Please see the name, telephone number, and e-mail address that are included with this message.

LL Electronics
800-553-5328
[email protected]

If you decide to make contact, please feel to mention that you were referred by a member of the Albuquerque Rocket Society. Bill Cordova is the name of the guy in our club who found out about this stuff.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Back