Dove hunting

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klint

Reaction score
Any body dove hunt and wish to talk? All my friends shun me for it. Also some of those bigger feild are perfect for rockets of all kinds.

I went dove hunting once. I spent two boxes of shells and didn't hit a single bird. I decided it wasn't for me. :D

I used to do a lot of rabbit hunting. I was much better at that.

What gun were you using to dove hunt? Are you sure it was a shot gun?

I love rabbit hunting what kinda gun ya use? I use a 22 wetherby

I typically used a 20 guage shotgun for the rabbit hunting and a 410 for the doves.

I have never used a 410 how much shot the throw? I use a Pump 12 Ga.

Geez man! .410 for the doves? No wonder you never hit anything. The .410 throws, like, one BB. :) I used a 12 ga pump (Mossberg 500) small shot and bagged a few. Course I have not been in a very long time.

Oops.. the 410 was for squarrel hunting, keeps it challenging. I must have used the 20 guage for the doves as well. I only went once and it was a very long time ago. Either way when it comes to dove hunting I have a better chance of hitting water falling out of a boat then hitting a dove with a shotgun. I swear the birds can see the shot and duck under it.

Are you aming at the dove? If you are no wonder your not hitting ne thing. Ya need to leed them a littel ways depending on what gun ya use and how high and fast the bird is flying.......Also What kinda choke ya useing if any

Well I thought I was leading them. But evidently not enough. I'm not a firearm buff but I do remember there being a choke on the shotgun. I would have to assume that I had it wide open.

I am not an avid hunter. I only went dove hunting once and rabbit hunting was not a full time sport for me either. My dad had beagles and I would go with him and my brothers every once in a while. See, they always wanted to go in the early mornings when the ground was still wet with dew so the dogs could track better. I am foremost and never will be a morning person. Hence I did not go much.

Yep I know what ya mean bout the morning thing. I always have better luck in the evnening when I can see them insted ov dozing off standing with a loded shotgun in hand (not to smart eh?).

Back