Altec RAS-2

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PGerringer

Ruler of Heck
Reaction score
Hey Carl,
I read your AMRAAM review. Very good review. I notice that you used the Altec RAS-2. Do you have a weblink for the Altec? I'm currently doing research involving the PML CPR3000 and was looking for alternatives to the PML Co-Pilot, etc.

You mention that the Altec RAS-2 is very reliable. I assume you mean that it is more reliable than the Co-Pilot or transeiver. Could you please tell me more.

- Planning for level 2, assuming my level 1 goes well in 8 days. :)

Hey Phil,

I can just tell you what I have seen...alot of people use the Alts-25 altimeters as they seem to be very reliable. I figured at the time, all those L2 and L3 guys can't be wrong. The company that makes them is Adept...and can be found at

https://www.diac.com/~adept/

I chose the RAS-2 because it had a built in G-switch, great specs and the recording capability. If you want a good altimeter without spending as much, the ALTS25 and ALTS2 are very popular.

Also, note that there are many other altimeters out there that function as well and you should always shop before you buy; they may have a feature you want that is not provided by Adept.

Carl

Thanks. Wow, the RAS-2 is expensive. Expensive (pregnant pause) but cool. Course I know the Co-Pilot is only $70 less. Hmm, this dual deployment is turning out to be a bit more than I expected. Guess I have to start saving my pennies. Checking soda machines and pay phones for loose change. Moving around the couch cushions, etc.

I think the RAS seems to be worth it. With a few mem modules and the PC hook up it comes out to be about $250. But to be able to save your data...

BTW: That cloud background hurts my eyes...

Back