Launch Tower Available....Is it Worth it?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doobie

Reaction score
Howdy Folks,

My landlady agreed to let me purchace a 30" television antenna tower that is no longer being used by the apartment complex. The purchace price is $100. The tower is made of aprox. 1.5" galvanized tubing. It is triangular with three cross braces welded onto each 1' section. Also available is a large satellite dish whose motor may still work. This would be great for raising the tower. The dish is free just for getting it off the premesis. I don't know what it is made out of but thought a recycler may give something for it. If so this would offset the accquisition fee of the tower. Ohh yeah there's one more catch, I will have to disassemble and tote it all off on my own. Something I have no idea of how to do. But if it's worth it, I'll do it. Which brings me to my question. Is it worth it? Is $100 a good price or is it too high? Also would a tower of this type be strong enough for it's intended use? Any knoledge on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Flyin' High,

Doobie

Back