astrocam nosecon only?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunnar

Reaction score
I got me an Estes Ionizer start set, and now i found out aboute the astrocam that i really want,
Is it possible to buy the camera nosecone separatly, or any other rocket camera that will fit in the Ionizer?
Or do i have to buy a whole new astrocam starterset with launch ramp and all???

/Gunnar in Norway:confused:

You can buy a ready-to-fly Astrocam or an Astrocam kit (don't know exactly what is available, though). You don't have to buy a complete Astrocam starterset.

Oliver

Ok, do anyone know where i can get a rocket camera that will fit in a Ionizer:confused:

I live in Norway but can order from Sweden so somewhere in EU would be cheapest for me I think.

/Gunnar

If you are hoping for good, recognizable pictures to come out of the AstroCam, don't. We just got our first roll back and there was one "recognizable" picture of a curb and some grass. I'm going to try it with another roll, but my initial enthusiasm has been severely tinkled on.:mad:

I talked to Dave of Red Arrow Hobbies. In Stevensville, MI. and he said that he has a used one and would be willing to sell it. If you are intrested he said to contac him. Here is a link to the web site.

https://hobbies.goos.com/

Yeah dont be to suprised about how bad the picters are. I have a stater set one and I dont know if it is deffective but the picters bite (3 rolls none reconizeble) and the rocket is week the first filiget blew the motor tube and really tour up the shock coard mount.

Last Monday, AntaresJS , his daughter May and I did some Low Power 1/2 A , A and Micro Max motors on his 100 x 100 foot front lawn in Maryland. It was fun. May is going to be a good Rocketeer and learning well. And now ,the Quinby field in Eastern Shore of Virginia is cleared of crop. Time to get into some Mid Power and Maybe High power.

Attachments

• launch #1 2021.mp4
    5.7 MB
  • launch #2 and 3.mp4
    11 MB
Last edited:
Back