Where do you store your finished rockets?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nike Booster paint scheme

• Left = All green but fiins

• Middle = All green

• Right = Green motor tubes, white fins & transition

• Left = All green but fiins

• Middle = All green

• Right = Green motor tubes, white fins & transition

Results are only viewable after voting.

PGerringer

Ruler of Heck
Reaction score
I was just wondering. When your spouse tells you to "put your toys away." Where do you put them? Personally I installed a suspended ceiling in the basement to run network and audio cables. Then I thought... and thought... Luckily I didn't break the pea. :) Well, I bought some of those suspended hooks that connects to the cross runners. Then I took some looped string and now I hang my rockets from the ceiling from those hooks.

Cool idea. I don't have a wife to nag.. er... complain about my toys. I leave them where ever I like. :D

I've got em slung on my den wall!

A few screws and some short lengths of 1/4" polyester rope with slip knots on either end and you've got a great slinging method to tame those "leaning up in the corner" rockets.

That way the wife can vacuum without wrecking your hard work, all that they get touched with on the wall is a duster, much less damaging... :)

Makes a great conversation piece too!

Keep the nozzle size down,

Dr. Ew

PS. For those of you that didn't quite get it, here's a little more step by step. Two screws with larger flat heads and two pieces of rope are needed for each rocket. Make slip knots on both ends of the rope pieces. Drive the screws part way into the wall leaving about a half inch exposed and about a third of the length of your rocket appart from each other. One end of the rope goes on the screws first, then grab your rocket at the center of gravity and lift it up close to the middle of the two screws that you just put up. Grab the free end of the ropes and secure them on the sames screw the other end is on. You can adjust the slip knots to level out your rocket. Now isn't that nice... patent pending :)

My rockets are getting too big to keep in the house. My wife just tells me that i can sleep with them in the garage if I'm so worried. Figure that.

My wife didn't even blink when I cut into the kitchen table while cutting out fins. The table is a hand me down and I guess she figures at least I'm not cutting on the dining room table. (Hey, that's a hand me down, too!)

I store my rockets in a spare bedroom reserved for rockets. The room is full and I need to build an addition to my home.

My rockets are stored in two methods. Larger and longer one are mounted a the wall using about 6-8" 1x1 wood pegs nailed to the wall at about a 30 degree angle, while smaller ones are put onto spent motor casings that have been epoxied to a 2 foot "T" of 4x4 wood.

It works.

Back