Graduator

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klint

Reaction score
I was board and thought I would say something about one of my mid-powerd rockets the LOC/Prsision Graduator So here goes.

This was my first mid-power rocket so of corusen I was eager to launch it so I went out to my rather small feild (about 300x300 meters) and set up everythingadn tride to launch the dern thing on a F-20J-7 the rocket just sat on the pad for about 2 seconds after the ignitor went it bult up pressure and went to about 300 feeet then a gust of wind I am gussing around 35mi felt good to me on the 102degree day but it pushed the rock over so when the delay went my rocketwent mole hunting with out me :-( well needles to say she went from a copel of feet long to just the fins but the nose cone was undamaged. I am now trying to mow enuff lawns to fix her up and trie agine.

I had a similar experience with a low-powered Commanche. This a three stage rocket. My first multi-stager. Well in my excietment I put the third stage engine in backwards. Well it of course never fired. I found the rocket with the nosecone completely buried. The body tube was crushed. Oh well... live and learn.

Oh, man that bites. My Aerotech Mustang was a victim. The E engine was loaded properly but on launch I knew something was wrong. A flash flame I had never seen before came from the engine then smoke and less than a second later, the launch. The parachute never deployed. (can only assume it was because of an engine malfunction) And the Mustang became a glorified lawn dart. Funny thing was the rating for the E engine would have put the Mustang 1200' in the air, but it landed way farther than 1200'.

Seriously, ask MarkABrown. He saw the launch site.

Anyway, I never recovered the Mustang. So I feel your pain. I was there for Milo's launch, it was funny, sad, and beautiful all in the same instant.

if it was an aero-tech motor have you looked at there warentee it mite be coverd

True, True.:( It should have been recoverable. It was a sad sad day when we had to bid a fond farewell to the Mustang.:rolleyes:

I sent all my receipts to Aerotech in two separate envelopes. (Mustang and engine rcpt) Strangely enough, they never got them. Coincidence? I hope so. Anyway, I'm working with them now. I had planned on putting a positive review in the Vendor section but I guess I will have to wait. :confused:

Back