What flight electronics?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patpending

Reaction score
I am planning on launching my Hybrids again after a few years out. I need an affordable flight computer that wont be affected by the hybrid, does dual deployment and boosters and maybe stores data.. Something that isnt going to break the bank and affordable. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks Sean

RRC3 absolutely. A simply outstanding altimeter at an amazing price for it's quality/functionality/versatility. Plus, the support, customer service, and all the peripherals from Missileworks are topnotch.

All things considered, I don't know why anyone would choose anything else - there are other great altimeters on the market, yes (including the Raven which is my other favorite), but you'll either pay a lot more for them, or get a lot less features/functionality.

s6

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys. The RRC3 was one that I was contemplating. BUT, is the Main firing programmable? Thanks.

I think the ADEPT 22 is the least expensive dual deploy controller on the market. I'm told they're back in production, too, so it's worth checking out. The ADEPT 22 is discretely programmable. That is, you select the main deploy altitude using a couple of jumpers. You get a handful of common deploy altitudes and times to choose from.

From the RRC3 Manual: Available here.
Main Deployment Altitude Range: 3 to 30 (300 ft. to 3000 ft.) / Default: 5
This setting defines the AGL altitude (in feet) at which the main deployment event is activated during the descent phase of
the recovery. The main deployment event is always preceded by the drogue deployment event. The setting is entered in
100 ft. increments.

Thanks for the info guys. The RRC3 was one that I was contemplating. BUT, is the Main firing programmable? Thanks.

The main is programable as described by others. I also set the Aux (3rd channel) to main+1 sec as a backup charge. The backup charge is 30% larger than the normal main charge...the chute WILL come out. I would rather repair the payload section than the fin can.

Back