TRF Opinion Wanted

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TLP Roll by Woody

• I would pay $5 more per kit for a Decal Sheet

• I Feel I pay too much now for what I get

• I like things just the way they are, No Changes Please

• I have no experience the The Launch Pad Rockets

• I don't konw TLP Rockets, But willing to try one to see if a Decal sheet is Worth It

• I have no Interest in The Launch Pad Rockets

Results are only viewable after voting.

Woody's Workshop

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
1) I would pay $5 more per kit for a Decal Sheet in The Launch Pad Kits

2) I think I pay too much for what I get now in The Launch Pad Kits

3) I like things Just the way they are, no change needed in The Launch Pad Kits

4) I don't know about TLP Rockets

5) I don't know about TLP Rockets, but willing to try one to decide on paying more for Decal Sheets

6) I have no interest in TLP Rockets at this time

Last edited:
4) I don't know about TLP rockets. In addition, I have only put a few stickers on my rockets and most have been purchased from stickershock23.

I like TLP Stuff the way it is but yeah, I'de definitely not mind payin' out an extra Fiver for a decent set of Decals.
As things are now, I have one TLP Kit that is Stickershocked, but it's a Custom Set that Mark helped me come up with, and the rest I've had to use to develop my Skills and Creativity.

The Tan-SAM took me like a week to design and make/print/paint the Teeth. I enjoyed the process thoroughly.

TLP Livery 003.jpg

This one gave me an excuse to use Checkerboards, printed on Cardstock, clear coated and glued on.:

TLP Livery 001.jpg

The Gabriel III is the one I got Vinyl from Mark for. Then I went at it with Aluminum Foil Tape! Big Fun Was Had!

TLP Livery 006.jpg

Here's my Alarm Kit that I butchered. It was like one of the First Rockets I built last Year when I got back into Rocketry for the umpteenth Time, and I had never done any "Detail Work" or TLP Styles of Kits. I printed the Decals on my Printer, and they Suck A$$! This Rocket will probably never fly because I'm embarrassed of it. The Dust collects on it and the Decals I made are Peeling off.

TLP Livery 004.jpg

I'm finally getting the hang of cutting my own Vinyl and such on my last one, the Martel, but then I screwed up a nice matte Clear Coat by trying to get a Gloss Clear Coat on it.

TLP Livery 002.jpg

Last edited:
TLP is about Creativity IMO. I think there is a good reason that the Kits are so not expensive and do not include Decals.
I take back my Vote for adding them for a Fiver.
They'de probably suck hard and not be up to anyone heres Standards anyhow, so if TLP added them to the Kits, they'de have to be some "Serious Vinyl", like the stuff you get from Mark, LOC, or Gordons Waterslides. SEMROC/Estes Grade Waterslides would be fine, but even those must cost more than a Fiver to produce at BT-80 Scale. Even more so if they were for "Military Style Kits", as those seem to be a small Niche of what is already a Niche Market.

Latest posts

Back