Looking for a body tube. Estes D-Region Tomahawk (2037)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody have a line on where I could find a replacement tube for a Estes D-Region Tomahawk? Part number is HBT-1800. The replacement tube doesn't need to be 11" long (longer is better, shorter won't work), but it does need to be 1.8" OD, and no less than the HBT-1800's inner diameter.

I know that Semroc has/had a tube (the ST-18) for their reproduction of the Omega, but its OD is too big for the D-Region Tomahawk.

Anybody know if the Semroc ST-175 is a match?

Thanks
Jim

Based on this old thread, I would make an inquiry to BMS about their C188 coupler stock.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...mahawk-body-tube-HBT-1800&p=355207#post355207

Apparently, Estes went with a 1-off tube size for the Tomahawk in the interest of scale accuracy.

Thanks for pointing that out...

Looks like the C188 coupler would take a lot of work to make it look good. I'm wondering if there's anybody out there who has a body tube w/the glassiene outer wrap.

Of course there is the possibility of taking a larger diameter tube (such as the Semroc tubing) and cutting it down some to make the BT diameter I need, but again, that involves a lot of work to get it to look right.

Thanks for pointing that out...

Looks like the C188 coupler would take a lot of work to make it look good. I'm wondering if there's anybody out there who has a body tube w/the glassiene outer wrap.

Of course there is the possibility of taking a larger diameter tube (such as the Semroc tubing) and cutting it down some to make the BT diameter I need, but again, that involves a lot of work to get it to look right.

I might be inclined to shoot Wayco a PM and ask him if he found anything; I think he's still an active poster. A call to Aerotech might be in order as well, to find out if their 2 inch coupler stock is the same as what BMS has listed.

Anybody have a line on where I could find a replacement tube for a Estes D-Region Tomahawk? Part number is HBT-1800.
Jim,
Have you tried calling Estes? They could probably hook you up with a replacement tube.
-Wolf

Back