Eggfinder Treat-No-Trick Special

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerving

Owner, Eggtimer Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Getting into the "spirit" of things, we thought it might be fun to give you a little preview of the upcoming Black Friday sale...

From now until 11:59 p.m. on October 31st, we will be selling Eggfinder TX GPS transmitter kits for only $50. That's a $20 discount off the usual price of $70. This discount is only for the transmitters; if you need the receiver, they're at regular price ($25 for the RX "dongle" or $55 for the LCD handheld receiver).

This is a great way to pick up a few extra transmitters for some of those RW Hump Day specials that you have in your build pile (yes, I'm guilty as charged...).

As ususal, to order send an email to [email protected] with your PayPal email and shipping address, we'll send you back an invoice, you pay it and we ship. If you need the transmitters on a specific frequency, please specify, otherwise we will ship them on a random frequency.

Cris Erving
Eggtimer Rocketry

Hmmm.. I won't have a chance to try out my first eggfinder until the 1st.. Decisions decisions decisions....

Looks like I ordered a few days too early. Looking forward to getting my first Eggfinder though!

Since I haven't shipped yours yet, I'm going to refund you the difference. I have one other order pending (you know who you are...), ditto.

I took advantage of this great sale and ordered two more. I think Cris is trying to make sure that no one ever loses a rocket again!

if anyone wants one but doesn't want to build it PM me ill put it together for you. I have put together 4 no problem. Happy Halloween!

Oh heck. I'm in for two more. I'll build these with the stock wire whip antenna for some of my smaller rockets bays.

if anyone wants one but doesn't want to build it PM me ill put it together for you. I have put together 4 no problem. Happy Halloween!

Wanted to take you up on your offer, but then saw you were a ConMan . . .

Wanted to take you up on your offer, but then saw you were a ConMan . . .

LOL stupid childhood nickname....Dont even know where i got it!! I'm doing Cl(VII)'s for him. If you want me to do them PM me.

LOL stupid childhood nickname....Dont even know where i got it!! I'm doing Cl(VII)'s for him. If you want me to do them PM me.

This is your chance for publicity before the Black Friday sale. I'll post pics of your workmanship. No pressure. :wink:

I was going to design my own, but this price is very competitive, so I will be buying some.

what is needed for the extended range option?

You'll need to get a RP-SMA connector for at least the receiver, and some kind of external antenna. Most people are using rubber duckie antennas. You can also put one on the transmitter too, it's a little harder because you have to figure out how to mount it properly, but if you look at the Eggfinder thread there's plenty of build pictures.

I don't have any specific recommendations for vendor/model other than the Linx Technologies ANT-916-CW-QW (1/4 wave, good for transmitters) or ANT-916-CW-HW (1/2 wave, good for receivers). They run about $10-$15 each from reputable distributions like DigiKey and Mouser.

Whatever antenna you get make sure that it uses a RP-SMA connector, NOT a SMA. It's an FCC requirement, that's why I only sell the RP connectors. Also, if you go looking on eBay for bargain antennas make sure that it's a narrow-band antenna designed for the 900-920 MHz range. A lot of vendors sell 2.4 GHz "WiFi" antennas and call them 900 MHz... you're better off with the wire than with one of those. Rule of thumb is that if they don't have the data sheets, don't buy it.

I still have the teledongle from my crashed tragiclittleaerospace gps system. Is there a way to use that? From their site "Connected to a compact 250mW 900MHz FHSS* transceiver with 25 frequencies and 7 hop sequences. 65,000 unique addresses for each channel guarantee no interference from other units"

I still have the teledongle from my crashed tragiclittleaerospace gps system. Is there a way to use that? From their site "Connected to a compact 250mW 900MHz FHSS* transceiver with 25 frequencies and 7 hop sequences. 65,000 unique addresses for each channel guarantee no interference from other units"

Sorry, it won't work with the Hope RF module in the Eggfinder. The Eggfinder RX dongle is $25... or, you can get the LCD handheld receiver for $55, and it will work with any Eggfinder TX frequency.

Geez..assembly line, care to assemble one more ?

Kenny

I would if I had the time. All you need is some practice and you should be able to solder it like a pro. The board that comes with Eggfinder are super easy to solder, just touch the pad and it sucks the solder right up.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this sale! As you might imagine, I'm swamped with orders... I ran out of inventory and parts are on the way. What doesn't get shipped this weekend will shipped mid-week. Guess I'll have to bump up my Black Friday parts order a bit... :)

Thanks to everyone who participated in this sale! As you might imagine, I'm swamped with orders... I ran out of inventory and parts are on the way. What doesn't get shipped this weekend will shipped mid-week. Guess I'll have to bump up my Black Friday parts order a bit... :)

Hopefully there will be a Black Friday sale to follow this pre sale..I should be ready about then .. and there are RUMORs of rumors circling the eGG compound now. ..

Kenny

what is needed for the extended range option?

Read the manual and lookup a patch antenna. Cris has a suggestion for one that's pretty economical. You need to be able to take the receiver into the field to pickup a new fix as one gets closer. The LCD receiver is the one to get and add a $6.00 B/T module. The pads are on the board. Kurt

REALLY liking this tracker so far. Getting packets at 900 meter range ground testing non-LOS using just the whip antennas. Looking forward to flying it this weekend at ROCStock.

My iron has a temperature setting, and I have never used the type of solder provided. Can you give me an approximate temperature to start at?

Back