Open Rocket Save & Open problems

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckjohnson

Reaction score
I just installed Open Rocket today on my Windows 8 machine. I opened the Rocksim file of my Hyperloc 1600, and got the colors and simulations plugged in. The first time I tried saving in the ORK format I got an error. I saved it in a different location as a Rocksim format, and it saved. I then tried saving in the ORK format again, and it says it saved.
Later, I opened Open Rocket again, and tried opening the ORK format. It keeps saying "Unable to open file 'My Loc Hyperloc.ork':Exception loading stream:Malformed XML in input.
I thought maybe it was a Windows 8 problem, so I installed it on Windows 7. Same problems.

Any suggestions?

Can you try again and tell me exactly what exception it was talking about? Then try saving to a different location (desktop maybe). Also post your malformed ork file.

thanks

Kevin

Thanks! I don't know what exception is that it was talking about, that is exactly what it said.
I did try saving to different locations with the same results. Sometimes it will not save, and says the file not found. I will try to get you the exact wording on that, and post the corrupt ork file when I get to a laptop.
Thanks Kruland l

Last edited:
When I try to open the saved ORK file, it says:

Unable to pen file 'My Loc Hyperloc 1600.ork':Exception loading stream: Malformed XML in input.

When I try to save the file to my desktop, it says:

An I/O error occurred while saving:

java.io.FileNotFoundException:C:\Users\Chris\Documents\Rockets\file(The system cannot find the file specified)

I can't upload the ORK file, it exceeds the size limit by a couple hundred KB.

Okay, I think I discovered what the problem is. When I put a texture on the body tube with a jpg file, it causes it to not load next time, giving the "malformed xml" message.

I thought it might be related to the textures. They should be able to be saved with the ork file. I haven't been able to crack open the malformed xml file yet to see what's going on in there.

Kevin

I see the problem. The file name has an '&' in it and that is causing the troubles. I'll fix it (along with some other bugs which I've got queued up), but until then, rename your decal files to not include '&' and it'll work better.

Kevin

Thanks Kruland. I renamed the textures without the & in them, and it works perfectly!

Thanks for your help!

Back