Wildman BlackSat....save some money for it....with it.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been trying to call Wildman due to a screw up in my order (my fault, I somehow clicked 2 * M motors instead of the 1 i need for L3cert). I am getting "all lines busy". Is this local to me or a problem at his end?
Sending emails.

It's SUNDAY for cry'n out loud! They need some rest too, call him tomorrow. He probably shut if off so he could relax before going nuts all this week. I doubt there's a vendor out there answering the phones today. Don't worry it won't be shipped tomorrow just call then.

Yeah, but it's the Sunday after Black Saturday (Does that mean that it is the Black Sabbath???) No problem, I get what you mean, and they are probably in need of a couple of days sleep.
Just wanted to rectify my own screw up.

Yeah, but it's the Sunday after Black Saturday (Does that mean that it is the Black Sabbath???) No problem, I get what you mean, and they are probably in need of a couple of days sleep.
Just wanted to rectify my own screw up.

Black Sabbath! Oh that would be awsome, if someone actually called their sale the Black Sabbath Sale!

Black Sabbath! Oh that would be awsome, if someone actually called their sale the Black Sabbath Sale!

Yeah but that may turn out to be more diffi-CULT to do than expected. All the descriptions, type & pricing would be upside down and backwards.

Requiring us to stand on our heads and read with a mirror!:face palm: LOL

I missed it . Out of town to inspect new motor for mustang.. The SAAB looked cool..

Does anyone know how buried they are and about how long to wait before pestering for a follow-up email? I emailed a question about my order to the sales email address on Saturday and haven't heard back yet. I don't want to keep firing off more emails about the same question if they are just working through the inbox and haven't got to the first one yet. Anyone have a feel for how long it should take?

I still haven't been charged for my Saturday order. I also sent them a plea to swap one kit for another. I haven't heard back on that one either. Since Tim has to go put all these kits together I would think that a 1:1 swap should be no problem, but hopefully I'll know soon.

They're working through paperwork; I know Jackie had to get the order into AeroTech today, so that was a big priority.

Tim has been splitting time between kits and paperwork; Jackie has been focused on paperwork.

-Kevin

Thanks guys. The credit card has not been charged yet, and I know some of the items were backordered, so it won't ship for awhile. I'm not super concerned at this point, but I'm going out of town later in the week, and it would be great to know what's happening before I go. If I don't hear anything by end of day tomorrow, I'll probably call on Wednesday.

I sent an email in, I kind of need the 24 econojets I ordered by the 20th of this month… but if it ships in the next week or even 2 it's fine.

I wish, for a class though.

24-student drag race? I hope there are enough pads at Moffett!

I agree that if it is shipped in the next week and a half, it should be no problem, even traveling by ground.

My question had to do with a bunch of Aerotech Single-Use F and G motors that seem to have been invoiced at the normal Wildman prices, not the Black Saturday prices, even though I bought them through the Black Saturday pages, and they all have the BK product number. Everything else I bought had the Black Saturday discount including the DMS motors and all the CTI propellant, but the AT SU motors did not. I'm not sure what happened, but I'm hoping for an adjustment.

Does anyone know how buried they are and about how long to wait before pestering for a follow-up email? I emailed a question about my order to the sales email address on Saturday and haven't heard back yet. I don't want to keep firing off more emails about the same question if they are just working through the inbox and haven't got to the first one yet. Anyone have a feel for how long it should take?
What is your name ?
I have been answering e-mail as possible.

Wildman Hobbies is pleased to announce our Saturday holiday sale for 2014.
A couple things that is new for the 2014 holiday season.
As many of you have already heard we have parted ways with our old supplier of fiberglass products.
We have found another supplier of tubing and OMG what a difference in the product.
You will all find out for yourselves with any of our offerings in 1.5mm-98mm body tubes they are all thin wall tubing now.
We have also found not only a new manufacture for nose cones but a totally new process and material.
Fiberglass infused polycarbonate. These cones accept paint and glue and are extremely strong and light.
We have 38mm,54mm,66mm and 75mm polycarbonate nose cones now with the 98mm mold being built now, with completion due mid-January.
The 75 and 98mm cones have a phenolic tip on them for extremely high heat flights and are also designed for head end deployment.
During this holiday shopping season you will not find a fiberglass kit made out of the same quality material at a better value.
Wildman’s does not want to limit you to our inventory for this sale, last year we sold almost 2 tons of propellant in 6 hours, however if you need your items right away it would be best for you to call your order in to check in-stock availability.
We will have 2 phone lines open this morning.
815-638-3200 our main line
815- for today only
The sale starts at 6:00 am CT and ends at 12:00pm CT
This is a pre-pay, pre-order sale. All cards will be charged with in 72hrs of the sale.

The first thing we had to do was get the orders into the manufactures so they can get started right away.
I don't think you all have any idea how much there is here paper.jpg
the stack on the right still has not been processed.
If you need your order right away you need to tell us .
We still need to combine and separate all of the bundles.
We thank you for your patience .
Thank You

Last edited:
We found yours and its taken care of.

Yup, and quickly. Again a great big THANK YOU to Tim and Jackie and the rest of the doods getting all this stuff together and providing us with a great sale! We look forward to this every year!

Wildman Hobbies is pleased to announce our Saturday holiday sale for 2014.

I don't think you all have any idea how much there is hereView attachment 248022
the stack on the right still has not been processed.
If you need your order right away you need to tell us .
We still need to combine and separate all of the bundles.
We thank you for your patience .
Thank You

Whoa nelly.

So...

Have you shipped mine yet?

How about now?

How about now?

24-student drag race? I hope there are enough pads at Moffett!

I agree that if it is shipped in the next week and a half, it should be no problem, even traveling by ground.

My question had to do with a bunch of Aerotech Single-Use F and G motors that seem to have been invoiced at the normal Wildman prices, not the Black Saturday prices, even though I bought them through the Black Saturday pages, and they all have the BK product number. Everything else I bought had the Black Saturday discount including the DMS motors and all the CTI propellant, but the AT SU motors did not. I'm not sure what happened, but I'm hoping for an adjustment.

Hopefully we can do a race with an F20, F23, F27, F50, F59 and F120. Only 9 students, but they're building Argents now!

Hopefully the cost of those motors you got can be fixed, it sounds like Tim and crew are doing a great job, many thanks to them for running the sale.

it sounds like Tim and crew are doing a great job, many thanks to them for running the sale.
They are, and they will - I get the feeling many here do not realize how small of an operation they are. No elves helping out, CJ don't do cold! Chill out a bit folks.

Hopefully we can do a race with an F20, F23, F27, F50, F59 and F120. Only 9 students, but they're building Argents now!

Hopefully the cost of those motors you got can be fixed, it sounds like Tim and crew are doing a great job, many thanks to them for running the sale.

Very cool! That's an armada of Argents! Hopefully I'll get to see them all on the 20th --- I'm hoping to make it to the launch. For single use F motors, there's always the F42 Econojet too, and the F25 and F26 single use. Quite a variety.

I'm sure everything will get sorted out with my motors. I'm pretty sure it was some kind of timing issue with the very end of the sale. It's a small shop with a lot to do for a sale this size, so I'm ok with giving them time to figure it out. And no matter what happens with those particular motors, I definitely got a great deal on the rest.

Thanks Tim and Jackie for putting this sale together! I thought I would miss it since I was backpacking in SC with no cell service, but my brother's phone had just enough reception to get a call through in just 3 rings. I now have my L3 motor and a couple K motors on order :)
I possibly had the most scenic location to call from for the BS sale...

Wow,,
What a beautiful scene..
Now I'm jealous...
I'd love to be there / see that...

Teddy

Friday is the Muslim sabbath, so there you go.

You are going to find slightly different doorbusters at Ozzy Osbourne's Black Sabbath Sale from what you'll find at Malcom X's Black Muslim Sabbath Sale. But they're on different Sabbath's, so you can go to both!

Latest posts

Back