Wildman BlackSat....save some money for it....with it.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim, Hope you got my second order with that very important note!

Alex

I was wondering when we'd hear from you!

We all know Wayne isn't to be trusted. :)

-Kevin (who needs to see what "specials" can be included for one ducky....er, I mean lucky....buyer...)

I can't be trusted? Sharon tried to feed me BLACK BACON this morning! I think it's carcinogenic...
Since I was so depressed about not finding a 3" MD rocket on the list, I will be making my new 3" Darkstar MD.

Wayne, That can't be right. Not even an Ultimate? Or did you get one of the 8" DarkStars on Wednesday... if your shoulder is feeling better, that is.

Shoulder is better, but we just don't have room in our house for a bigger Darkstar. I'm still trying to get used to the 6" Ultimate we have standing up in there....

One Left!

I think Sharon needs it.

-Kevin

I'm terrified to think about the size of rubber ducky we would find in the shipping box if we bought that kit!

...and ended up making out with a 3 inch darkstar.

You should buy it flowers. It would be the gentlemanly thing to do.:p

Woof, this one put the hurt on my wallet. But I have enough propellant to keep me going through the last half of the season. Time to employ the wife's tactic of referring to how much I saved, NOT how much I spent.

The deals on the 54 mm single use AT are EXCELLENT.

Oh, and rocketpoxy. Needed some real epoxy.

Last edited:
Wow! Some really great deals! Thanks Tim and crew for feeding our addictions! :)

The 3" Punisher looks like one hell of a cool rocket! The Onebadhawk harness deal offered with it really sweetens the pot! A really nice deal!

So far I am in for a 2.6" V2, some Aeropack hardware for projects in the build pile and some adhesives. Something tells me my fun isn't over yet though! :)

Jim Z

A big motor, a big chute, new 75mm CTI starter kit, and some miscellaneous bits and pieces. The fiberglass clearance just seems dangerous; I should go do homework and get my mind off of it. :wink:

Big plans for the year!

Doug

I can't be trusted? Sharon tried to feed me BLACK BACON this morning! I think it's carcinogenic...

That's what you get for A) ordering without her, and B) not buying her that 8" DarkStar.

Be glad it was only the bacon that got crisped!

we just don't have room in our house for a bigger Darkstar. I'm still trying to get used to the 6" Ultimate we have standing up in there....

You're not trying very hard, Wayne...

I'm terrified to think about the size of rubber ducky we would find in the shipping box if we bought that kit!

...there's only one way to find out....

-Kevin

Got the Punisher and the harness deal from onebadhawk. Some 54mm hardware from CTI and the Rocketpoxy deal was too tempting to pass up.

Lots of motors (again), a new Saab RB-98, new 75 mm hardware and some chutes. Oh, and some misc supplies for building. Should be another fun rocket year.

We'll be needing a Saab drag race at LDRS next year!!!!:clap:

Since I was so depressed about not finding a 3" MD rocket on the list, I will be making my new 3" Darkstar MD.

I can relate; seems like there is, dare I say, a "Mildman" trend in new kits these days (Now I'm going to get it). I suppose it's all in how you modify said kit. IIRC, for your MD 3" it is best to get the BT with no fin slots.

Last edited:
Ooooh boy, was that good!Thanks Tim and co. for another great sale!!I got the new Eagle Claw Sport, some RocketPoxy, nomex, parachutes, CTI 1 and 2 grain 24mm cases (still debating about some more), a 38mm retainer, and most of this year's supply of high power motors!Thanks so much Wildman and elves!Nate

So...

Watching what's selling on the website is interesting.

Right now, one item is selling really well; I'll pay $10 towards the purchase of that item to the first person who A) has that item on an order, and B) can tell me what that item is.

And yes, if you get it right you can place an order for the item after the fact.

-Kevin

75mm starter set

So...

Right now, one item is selling really well; I'll pay $10 towards the purchase of that item to the first person who A) has that item on an order, and B) can tell me what that item is.

And yes, if you get it right you can place an order for the item after the fact.

-Kevin

3" Punisher - dang too slow!

So...

-Kevin

Last edited:
The "old-style" CTI 75mm 3 grain hardware was HARD to pass up...only thing that saved me was that I don't currently own a bird with a 75mm mmt :wink:

Wayne has the idea! MD that 3" Darkstar you just nabbed! Still the best flyer of my collection!

I feel like that old alka seltzer commerical : " I can't believe I ate the whole thing . . . "

Kenny

Got up at 4:55 am Mountain time, got down to the computer, looked around, refreshed at 5:00, ordered me a 3" Darkstar, went back to bed :)
I've been tired and broke from rockets for the last while but lately I've been getting the itch again!
-Ken

I can relate; seems like there is, dare I say, a "Mildman" trend in new kits these days (Now I'm going to get it). I suppose it's all in how you modify said kit. IIRC, for your MD 3" it is best to get the BT with no fin slots.

I was hoping for another Blackhawk 54 with the new tubing and N/C, or a 75mm version. :y:
Thinking I will cut the fin tabs off even with the inside diameter of the BT and trust Rocketpoxy to do the rest. I will talk to CJ about it and call Tim after things settle down a bit. Still need a coupler and BP for the internal motor retention.
Since I haven't flown my Extreme on the M2245 Imax, and I don't even know what the "biggest motor you can stuff" up an Ultimate is, I won't give you any grief about the "Mildman" comment.. Well, maybe just a little.
:no:
Remember, he has the P8000 in this sale. That should be Wild enough for anybody!

Wayne, that wasn't Black Bacon that was Cajun Blackened Bacon. A rare delicacy indeed...

Mike Smeltzer

Can you get the Cert Specials (free case with purchase of reload for Cert 1 or 2) with Black Saturday reload prices?

Back