Wildman BlackSat....save some money for it....with it.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It must be over. I don't see the Black Saturday link now. I bought a crap-ton of propellant and went back about one minute after placing my order to check on some hardware, and the link was gone! Maybe I just barely made it!

Were prices being adjusted on the fly? I had filled a shopping cart, went to discuss it with my wife, and when I came back, the cart was empty. When I filled it back up again, I added a couple more items, and the total was noticeably higher. I think that some of the AT SU motors had reverted to normal prices during the time I was mulling over my order, so I may have missed out on a few deals I had in my earlier shopping cart.

I still got some GREAT deals on the CTI propellant. Now I just have to hope I actually receive the hardware for Christmas...

You were gone to talk to your wife for over 20 minutes -- items in your cart time out after 20 minutes of activity.

When you came back, you may have added them from the non-BS pages (which show the normal prices), or you added them after the sale was over (where only the non-BS items are available).

Anything in an active cart is allowed to stay there once it's added; so if you added it before the sale closed, your items stayed in your cart....as long as your cart stayed active.

-Kevin

Kevin/Dave/Tim,

Sales is over ...but I would love to get the pictures of the 3" punisher and the big SAAB...they have now vanished from the site...I would love to have them...just to make me happy until it arrives on this side of the water... can you post it or send it to me?
thx
Denis

NOOO! I accidentally exited out of my cart and when I went back to put the items back in and the link was gone my luck today is not so good. :bangbang::bangbang::bangbang::mad::mad::mad::mad::jaw::dark::dark::dark::pc::pc::pc:

It must be over. I don't see the Black Saturday link now. I bought a crap-ton of propellant and went back about one minute after placing my order to check on some hardware, and the link was gone! Maybe I just barely made it!

Were prices being adjusted on the fly? I had filled a shopping cart, went to discuss it with my wife, and when I came back, the cart was empty. When I filled it back up again, I added a couple more items, and the total was noticeably higher. I think that some of the AT SU motors had reverted to normal prices during the time I was mulling over my order, so I may have missed out on a few deals I had in my earlier shopping cart.

I still got some GREAT deals on the CTI propellant. Now I just have to hope I actually receive the hardware for Christmas...

AFAIK the sale ended at 10 here, the sale button disappeared. Glad you could at least get motors, I ordered at around 9 and a few motors I was planning on getting were gone. What motors did you get?

Sharon, tell him unless he wants all his food burnt, he will call Tim and grovel

That was my picture of the 8 inch darkstar....did it at the fire house because I didn't have a big enough location anywhere else....
It's one sweet rocket. The nose cone is ridiculous..
It will fly at LDRS, but it's not gonna be my biggest project!

Kevin/Dave/Tim,

Sales is over ...but I would love to get the pictures of the 3" punisher and the big SAAB...they have now vanished from the site...I would love to have them...just to make me happy until it arrives on this side of the water... can you post it or send it to me?
thx
Denis
Here's the SAAB:
SAAB.jpg
and a piece of the original drawing, courtesy of Palmer Hudson:
3055001_Whole.jpg

I have the individual fin views too, but those are top secret ;)

You were gone to talk to your wife for over 20 minutes -- items in your cart time out after 20 minutes of activity.

When you came back, you may have added them from the non-BS pages (which show the normal prices), or you added them after the sale was over (where only the non-BS items are available).

Anything in an active cart is allowed to stay there once it's added; so if you added it before the sale closed, your items stayed in your cart....as long as your cart stayed active.

-Kevin

Well, that'll teach me what comes of talking to my wife for more than 20 minutes!

I'm sure I was purchasing from the Black Saturday pages, and all of the items have the BK part number. Here's part of the confirmation email:

BK-F25-6W - F25-6 White Lightning™ (W) A brilliant white flam232.49
BK-G38-4FJ - G38-4 Black Max™ (FJ) Provides the high visibili235.09
BK-G40-4W - G40-4 White Lightning™ (W) A brilliant white flam235.09
BK-G77-4R - G77-4 Redline™ (R) Distinctly different from its235.09
BK-G79-4W - G79-4 White Lightning™ (W) A brilliant white flam235.09
BK-H135 - H135117.99
BK-H115DM-14A 29MM DMS - H115117.99
BK-H182R-14A 29MM DMS - H182117.99

All of the F and G motors with the BK part numbers are the same price as what is currently shown on the website for non Black Saturday prices --- so no discount. The H motors with the BK prices are a much better price than what is currently shown for non Black Saturday. And the CTI propellant on the rest of the invoice has also got a good Black Saturday discount.

I'm pretty sure when I added the F and G motors to my cart the first time, they were discounted. And when I went back a second time, I wasn't looking at prices --- I was just working from the list I had already priced out the first time and figured it would be the same.

Anyway, I got great deals on part of my order and regular prices on some of the rest of it, even though I bought it all off the Black Saturday pages.

I had the Punisher and harness in my cart and lost them, sniff. Messaged and calling, maybe they can still help me out.

AFAIK the sale ended at 10 here, the sale button disappeared. Glad you could at least get motors, I ordered at around 9 and a few motors I was planning on getting were gone. What motors did you get?

My confirmation email arrived at 10:02, so it was already over once I completed it. I went back in to look at some hardware almost immediately, and it was gone!

Here is a list of motors --- this should last an entire year! Or more!

For the Leviathan at Moffett:

BK-F25-6W - F25-6 White Lightning

For the G-Force at Moffett:

BK-G38-4FJ - G38-4 Black Max
BK-G40-4W - G40-4 White Lightning

For the G-Force and/or Pod Rocket at Moffett:

G75-4M - G75-4 METAL STORM
BK-G77-4R - G77-4 Redline
BK-G79-4W - G79-4 White Lightning
BK-PR29-2G-SS - G88
BK-PR29-2G-SK - G80
BK-PR29-2G-W - G68

For the Pod Rocket at Moffett:

BK-PR29-3G-SS - G131
BK-PR29-3G-SK - G106
BK-PR29-3G-R - G125

For the Pod Rocket at Snow Ranch:

BK-H135 - H135
BK-H115DM-14A 29MM DMS - H115
BK-H182R-14A 29MM DMS - H182
BK-PR29-4G-SS - H175
BK-PR29-4G-SK - H123
BK-PR29-4G-R - H151
BK-PR29-4G-W - H135

For the Warlock at Snow Ranch:

BK-PR29-6G-SS - H295
BK-PR29-6G-SK - H180
BK-PR29-6G-R - H223
BK-PR29-6GXL-SK - H226
BK-PR29-6XL-W - I243

Now I just need to get the CTI hardware and the rockets to use most of these motors!

Did you get anything at the sale?

Wow that's an awesomely long list of motors. I still don't know if sparkies are allowed at moffett, I'll check at the next launch but I hope so, if not you can definitely fly them at Snow Ranch. I see you ordered a G125RL, that should be great in the pod MDRM at moffett. Also H123SK is really fun, that's what I flew for cert and I'll definitely fly more.

I got 2 kits at the sale, a 2.2 inch Vindicator with 38mm mount, and a 3" darkstar with 54mm mount. I plan to break mach and a mile with the vindicator and may eventually L2 on the darkstar. I also got 2 I motors for a new project, and an H159, H163, and G250, which will eventually fly in the Magg and G-force. It was a great sale!

Wow that's an awesomely long list of motors. I still don't know if sparkies are allowed at moffett, I'll check at the next launch but I hope so, if not you can definitely fly them at Snow Ranch. I see you ordered a G125RL, that should be great in the pod MDRM at moffett. Also H123SK is really fun, that's what I flew for cert and I'll definitely fly more.

I got 2 kits at the sale, a 2.2 inch Vindicator with 38mm mount, and a 3" darkstar with 54mm mount. I plan to break mach and a mile with the vindicator and may eventually L2 on the darkstar. I also got 2 I motors for a new project, and an H159, H163, and G250, which will eventually fly in the Magg and G-force. It was a great sale!
That Darkstar would make for a fantastic level 2 certification rocket, in my opinion.

Right?! Somehow I resisted yet another kit of roughly the same size and performance of rockets I already own. However, grabbing the RocketPoxy, Aeropack, and RRC3 was certainly worth getting up in the morning for!

What the... We got the same things, weird. Were you in my mind????

Adrian

Here's the SAAB:
View attachment 247827
and a piece of the original drawing, courtesy of Palmer Hudson:
View attachment 247829

I have the individual fin views too, but those are top secret ;)

Dr Dave you are evil! Now I have to build four Saabs....not that I should complain.

Aside from harassing you about the fly photo, I need to remember my slope planes for the banks in the background along with a bike when we come to visit. Now please stop feeding the Wildman killer designs!;)

thanks Dave for the beautifull SAAB picture.

Do you also have similar pics from the punisher? I got both...

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Rocketry Forum

I was really hoping for a 4" Darkstar, but no joy. So, I bought some AT 29 motors instead, I should be good for awhile. I still have some of the motors from last years sale. Many thanks to Wildman for this terrific sale, good stuff!:D Phil L.

It is a ridiculously long list of motors, especially seeing as I rarely use more than 3 per day at a club launch! But the prices were really good, and I figure if I'm paying for hazmat, I might as well go big! (I have excellent ways of rationalizing questionable decisions.)

I hope those G75's are allowed at Moffett. I think that would be a lot of fun to see on that field.

It sounds like you got some great kits! You are definitely stepping up into some more advanced builds and more challenging flights!

Punisher picture:

punisher-3.jpg

That's a sweet-looking rocket!

I've seen this picture before. For awhile, this picture was on the Wildman website under one the the CTI hardware descriptions, for some reason. I was looking at CTI 29mm hardware and clicked on an item, probably one of the starter sets, and this picture popped up with the CTI item's description. I thought, "That s a cool rocket, but where the picture of the starter set." Was it some kind of random teaser or a glitch?

Thanks to Tim, Jackie, Kevin and those behind the curtain for all the work before and after this sale event. Was and will be some hours put in to get everything ordered, paid, boxed, and shipped. Great deals, and great folks in the rocketry community.

See ya,
Rod

I spent my money and went to bed. I SOOOO wanted to go back for the SAAB, and the 8" DS was reminding me of my Scottish EX, it was so Tempting and Sexy!

Whilst I was asleep, I had a dream of a stretched 5" Jart with an M840 up it's rear end.

and now I will leave you with my final thoughts on Tim - The Wildman - Lehr
[video=youtube;plZRe1kPWZw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plZRe1kPWZw[/video]

I've seen this picture before. For awhile, this picture was on the Wildman website under one the the CTI hardware descriptions, for some reason. I was looking at CTI 29mm hardware and clicked on an item, probably one of the starter sets, and this picture popped up with the CTI item's description. I thought, "That s a cool rocket, but where the picture of the starter set." Was it some kind of random teaser or a glitch?

Doh! Busted... :facepalm:

You were looking at products during a very narrow window on Thursday, when some web monkey (me) inadvertently replaced every product image on the site with that picture. Every. Damned. One. :facepalm:

So, I quickly removed all the pictures, then started the cleanup process.

Fortunately, the guy who does the hosting was available to restore a backup for me, from which I could pull the proper product images. If not for Greg, it would've been a long day for me on Thursday....

-Kevin

Thanks Tim & Jackie for a great deal today and taking my call during a very busy day. We rocket addicts north of the border appreciate you being in the business and accomodating us
so that we can take advantage of these deals too.

Well, it took me all day, but I've managed to work off my Wildman order. Who knew I'd get a call about a vehicle slamming into the side of a building just after submitting my order? Lost my Saturday, but it was worth it.

Of course, everything is still getting wrapped up and put under the tree by my wife (or an IOU, depending on the shipping date!). No rocket deed goes unpunished.

Doh! Busted... :facepalm:

You were looking at products during a very narrow window on Thursday, when some web monkey (me) inadvertently replaced every product image on the site with that picture. Every. Damned. One. :facepalm:

So, I quickly removed all the pictures, then started the cleanup process.

Fortunately, the guy who does the hosting was available to restore a backup for me, from which I could pull the proper product images. If not for Greg, it would've been a long day for me on Thursday....

-Kevin

LOL! I'm sure you had a minor heart attack! Glad to hear it turned out OK.

Back