Wildman BlackSat....save some money for it....with it.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's Sneaky, he's smart and, he has a particularly large nug on top of his shoulders....he's "The Claude".

Never underestimate "The Claude"....congratulations mon Ami! ;)

Congrats Claude! And in the spirit of another great French sleuth...

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1416194662.748322.jpg

Winner......Winner.....chicken dinner!

You get a Black Saturday Saab RB 05A!

Ok ...how the heck did you get it??????
You were SO close the first time.....you get some help?

By the way folks all the slots are just for the fin tabs.

There will be more for everyone on BSS.

Some luck and some deductive powers. LOL!

I could tell it has a 4-fin configuration, as you can see through the tube in one area. Then I saw that there were slots way up the tube so it had to be something like an army hawk or one of the Saab missiles. I thought the short slot up there would be to align the very long upper fin, not for another set of fins... That would be too many of them... and then I guessed Saab rb-05...

When you added that someone was really, really close, I figured it had a shot at this. I just had to be more accurate.

THANK YOU WILDMAN, WILDWOMAN, CJ, ALL THE ELVES, ETC...

:marshmallow:

PS: Another reason: I was recently researching the Saab 372 for a potential scratch build project. Similar setup.

Last edited:
Black Saturday Saab RB 05A!

VERY cool! I'm guessing it's 4" with 75mm MMT and HED. If so, it would be a perfect match for the 4G Pro75 case I got on BS last year.

As one of only a couple of people that posted they wanted a Saab kit earlier in the thread, I'm both excited and sad. Excited because I want one, and sad because I'll be in the middle of nowhere without Internet access when the sale is on. :facepalm:

Crazy Jim - do you know if WMC members can pre-order? :grin:

Some luck and some deductive powers. LOL!

I could tell it has a 4-fin configuration, as you can see through the tube in one area. Then I saw that there were slots way up the tube so it had to be something like an army hawk or one of the Saab missiles. I thought the short slot up there would be to align the very long upper fin, not for another set of fins... That would be too many of them... and then I guessed Saab rb-05...

When you added that someone was really, really close, I figured it had a shot at this. I just had to be more accurate.

THANK YOU WILDMAN, WILDWOMAN, CJ, ALL THE ELVES, ETC...

:marshmallow:

PS: Another reason: I was recently researching the Saab 372 for a potential scratch build project. Similar setup.

Congrats Claude!!!! (you lucky dog for seeing this thread before me).

This is funny...my next build thread in the coming weeks will be a 5.5" scratch Saab RB-05A. Which I had to have the 29mm PVC thingy from Badazz when it was available earlier this year. Now the Wildman 2.1". Sheesh, I'm heading for a three-sized simul-build now.....unless there are bigger offerings to compliment the cute lil guy!

Great offering, btw Wildman Elves!

-Eric-

Ooooohhh! Might just have to get one of these! What diameter/MMT size are they?

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

+1
Wondering if this is a viable option cone next Sat. Let's get some specs :)

Nate

Crazy Jim - do you know if WMC members can pre-order? :grin:

Actually I am privy to very little about the BSS stuff.

I'm on a "need to know" basis........

.......................................................................Tim says I don't need to know!@#$# LOL

Tim thinks all the lists are like the Krispy Kreme doughnut recipe.......... he keeps them locked in his file cabinet so inquiring minds [like me] can't see what's there.

Only Tim & Jackie know all the details of everything.....& it's staying that way till they reveal stuff.

Judging from the cigarette box I'd guess it's a 3" tube… 54mm mount? I'm hoping it's bigger. At least 4" with 75mm. a 5.5" version would be sweet… hint hint ;)

Actually I am privy to very little about the BSS stuff.

I'm on a "need to know" basis........

.......................................................................Tim says I don't need to know!@#$# LOL

Tim thinks all the lists are like the Krispy Kreme doughnut recipe.......... he keeps them locked in his file cabinet so inquiring minds [like me] can't see what's there.

Only Tim & Jackie know all the details of everything.....& it's staying that way till they reveal stuff.

I called Tim today to say "thank you". I got some details about the kit I won, but nothing else. In fact, I can't even share the little bit I know about the new Saab RB 05A. :bangpan:

That's how serious he is about BSS.

I'll tell you one thing for certain.......
Tim ain't messing around with his Black Saturday sale........
He already said he's going to beat anybody's price on propellant for the year.........
And then he told CJ he don't need to know #$^$@#%^& !!!!!!!!!!

You KNOW he ain't messin around...................lol...

Teddy

Go big? no way has that Saab got a 75mm hole.... has it (please... please... has it??)

I think it is time for the full scale V2...

And a cluster of P8000.

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

24mm 2 grain cases
Or new 24mm H motors? That might be a reason to get some casings. Or maybe 24mm spacers?

Back