Wildman BlackSat....save some money for it....with it.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my UPS shipment notice today.

72 lbs of AP, epoxy and a punisher on the way! Yeah. :clap:

I got my modest, but sure-to-be-fun box of goodies today!

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1420674088.545810.jpg

The bull is assessing quality control and it passed with flying colors!! (a bunch of florescent ones)

I got my motor order today! Big, heavy box of propellant!

I never received a notice from Wildman that it shipped, and in fact I had just called Wildman about a completely different issue today and got the impression that they were still waiting for a specific motor to come before shipping the BS order. My birthday was earlier in the week, and a few family members had told me to expect a gift sometime soon, so when the UPS truck pulled up, I expected it would be a birthday gift. I went outside and waited on my porch. I could hear the UPS guy banging around inside the truck, moving stuff around, and causing a lot of noise. It took him forever! I opened up my mailbox and sat there on the porch reading mail while he rummaged for what seemed like forever. Anyway, he finally emerged from the truck carrying a big box with an explosives label on it! Woot! It's my motors!

You guys really need to just keep your pants on. This is pretty standard for this "event" and if Aerotech and Rocketpoxy are holding up the orders, complain about them and not Wildman or the sale. The big discounts justify you waiting a few weeks for the order to ship. I know for a fact that every order that was able to be filled has been sent out. Just to keep things in perspective, Tim's back garage (2.5 car) was filled WALL TO WALL with the CTI order...there were motor cases and reloads covering every empty space. Remember, this is Wildman Hobbies, not Amazon, this is a 2 person show with the occasional volunteer. Instead of "complaining" here on the forum, pick up the freaking phone and check on the status. Complaining here only breeds worry and skepticism. Nobody likes to have to wait for orders, just remember how much you saved and was it with the wait.

RP_BLACKFRI_SET_2014.jpg

Just to update this and quench the rumors please Note: all ROCKETPOXY orders for the Wildman BS sale was delivered in December 2014, a partial shipment was delivered to Wildman on 12/10/2014 and the remaining amount to complete 100% of the ordered was delivered on 12/19/2014.

Wanted to thank everyone who ordered ROCKETPOXY, this was by far the largest amount of orders we have received for a Black Saturday sale and heard it was the number one seller that day. To show our appreciation we also included for this Wildman sale a Happy hands skin barrier cream and in additional to the standard black pigment we also included four new florescent color pigments. Let’s see some really cool florescent fin fillets this year!

View attachment 251016

Just to update this and quench the rumors please Note: all ROCKETPOXY orders for the Wildman BS sale was delivered in December 2014, a partial shipment was delivered to Wildman on 12/10/2014 and the remaining amount to complete 100% of the ordered was delivered on 12/19/2014.

Wanted to thank everyone who ordered ROCKETPOXY, this was by far the largest amount of orders we have received for a Black Saturday sale and heard it was the number one seller that day. To show our appreciation we also included for this Wildman sale a Happy hands skin barrier cream and in additional to the standard black pigment we also included four new florescent color pigments. Let’s see some really cool florescent fin fillets this year!

The bonus goodies included with the Rocketpoxy were highly appreciated and a total surprise. I paint all my rockets fluorescent pink because it makes them stand out/highly visible when they're on the ground. I figure if I mix the fluoro red and pink together I'll get the color I need.

Thanks, John!

Got my order in today! Even though it was missing one engine, it was very exciting! Everything else is perfect and the parts of the kit fit together after some minimal sanding.
20150109_154514.jpg20150109_154820.jpg

Did anyone else have any G 138's in their orders?
I believe this is the culprit of the delayed order.....

JD

OMG!! look at all the pro pro propellant.. looks like you order the whole alphabet!

Actually, there are E,F,G,H,I,J,K and L motors in there. Funny I didn't realize that when I ordered. Just replenishing now that we have our club field back in St. Albans VT and that Molly has gotten enthusiastically into rocketry since getting her L1 last summer. Looking forward to LDRS34 too! :smile:

We're both building every weekend.

Stupid slow.
I've had 2 HK orders come in ( needed batteries),
RW BF sale come in,
Country Line hobbies BF sale,
Marsa 54L (New Years deal)

I might need to take a trip to NV to help AT mix.
;)

Just a little heads up story:

First a disclaimer - I am NOT complaining about Wildman, and I absolutely understood at the time of the order that this was a "pre-order" sale and that delays were certainly possible. I went into the deal with open eyes.

That said, I was really hoping I'd get lucky and be one of the ones who got timely shipments. I even tried to make sure I only ordered reloads that showed "in stock" to better my chances. But it looks like I drew a not-so-great hand. That's the way it goes sometimes. I obviously have not received any goodies yet.

The huge bummer is that I've really been waiting on the epoxy that was part of the order. I do the huge part of my year's building in the winter, as I've got the time off, and the rest of the year I'm VERY busy. So right now is the time for me to "make hay while the sun is shining". But I've got a few projects that are stalled waiting on the epoxy. And half that winter is already gone - I'm losing daylight! Dang.

I got in touch, and Jackie is doing me right. She's going to ship the epoxy out alone so I can not lose any more of my precious building window. Everything else will have to wait until AT gets it act together I guess. It is what it is.

NOT Wildman's fault. It was MY gamble, and I drew a crappy hand. Thanks to Wildman/Jackie for working with me and doing what they can.

s6

Well, you really can't blame Aerotech. Wildman places a HUGE freaking order right after Thanksgiving when everyone still has food coma and we all expect that they will get it done in a couple week's time. The reality is that it's probably one of if not THE biggest orders of the year for Aerotech and they don't just have everything sitting on the shelves. Wildman did say if you need something out of your order by a certain date to let them know and they would take care of us if they could.

I had a V-2 sport, any idea if those are ready? Figure that's what's been holding up my order. Though I'm in no rush. Work travel has lined up with all launch dates for past couple of months and next few months.

I got a call from Tim today to fix a minor glitch on my order; spectacular customer service as always followed shortly by an e-mailed shipping notification. There should be 56.4 lbs of rocketry goodness heading my way!

Back