Wildman BlackSat....save some money for it....with it.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up a V2 Sport and a G53 for the first flight. I can't wait for Saturday!

OK, now I've lost my mind. I ordered a Patriot 2.6 54mm. It's got soda can motors written all over it!
The other kit I ordered earlier is a Shape Shifter Mini. I like the looks of it and I really need to burn some 29mm motors.
That's it. No more.

I keep looking at G80 prices....then thinking it'll take me years to use them....then thinking I need a dozen....then thinking I won't use them.

Curse you Wildman, curse you!

OK, now I've lost my mind. I ordered a Patriot 2.6 54mm. It's got soda can motors written all over it!
The other kit I ordered earlier is a Shape Shifter Mini. I like the looks of it and I really need to burn some 29mm motors.
That's it. No more.

Yup; that's a rocket with a great silhouette. I picked out the Shape Shifter mini and Dark Star mini to add to the fleet. I need a few woosh-pop rockets to complement the DD / hour of prep rockets.

Doug

I keep looking at G80 prices....then thinking it'll take me years to use them....then thinking I need a dozen....then thinking I won't use them.

At least BlueThunder stores well.

Got one of the V2 sports as well as some other goodies. I noticed none of the high end kits were on sale though.

I got a Darkstar Jr. Should be a fun build!:grin: It'll be interesting to see this new fiberglass tubing first hand.

Question: what size Aero Pack is best for this new tubing?

Got a Wild Thang to replace the one I destroyed at a fantastic price. Thanks for the appreciation sale, Wildman!

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

+1 I'd like one of everything. I filled my cart... then emptied it... then put some other stuff in... then nah - I can't do it... then... :facepalm:

</sigh>

I picked up a Shape Shifter Jr. to build 54mm minimum diameter. I also jumped on the Patriot 54mm. :y:

Well, I made it out alive with an intimidator mini for conversion to redshift, my first 38mm hardware, and enough motors for a while :grin:

Thanks Wildman!!

Nate

Whoa! Tim found parts for another 8" DarkStar. The end of an era - grab it while it's available!

-Kevin

Thanks Wildman and Wild Family !

Grabbed some quick loads, motors, and looked hard at the 2.6 " Patriot 54mm ..but I have a 4 inch one...

Nice to see 2 6" rockets at Wildman!

Kenny

Last edited:
I held out too. I do NOT need more kits right now, and figured the "Black Wednesday" sale was mostly going to be great deals on kits (and I wasn't wrong about that!), and/or BIG motors which I don't fly.

But those HobbyLine reloads at 50% discount sure were a surprise, and VERY tempting!!! I burn a fair bit of those, and that price was simply fantastic. I definitely missed out on this one. Ah well, you snooze you lose right?

I'm sure that come Saturday, there will be lots more deals that I can afford to take full advantage of anyway. I'm in the hunt for propellant, mostly CTI at that. Plus I've got to save some funds for the other sales (Missileworks especially). I actually kind of hope that Tim DOESN'T have any kit deals that really tempt me, but I know that I'm going to be "disappointed" on this front.

Great stuff so far Tim/Jackie/Kevin/CJ/et al. - looking forward to Saturday,
s6

Tim, a club member in Europe or elsewhere had no chance to participate to the specials. mail arrived 1:37 am in our mailboxes....this morning right now at 6:39am it is all over. ...

:-(

Now I hope your overseas club members will have a goodie on saturday..

:)

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Rocketry Forum

Last edited:
I was sorely tempted to grab a DS Jr and add the 2 stage upgrade. I didn't grab anything as I have that particular amount of money earmarked for a new Raven for my BH54 project. Won't get to see the Saturday sale until Sunday afternoon. Oh well, there's always next year, and as a WMC member the deals happen all year long.

Back